Pompey's Pillar And Temple Of SerapeumCurrently Open
- Address: Corner of Amoud El Sawary and El Shenity Abou Mandour, Karmouz, Alexandria, 21566, Egypt
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 20 EGP
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids, Architecture
Rising out of the ruins of the Temple of Serapeum, this 100 feet tall column is an important albeit a bit disappointing Egyptian sight. Even though there is not much to see or do here, this granite column is bound to catch your attention. The sphinxes surrounding the column add a mystic aura to the sight. You can pair it with the Catacombs of Kom ash Suqqafa which is in the vicinity. Pay a small fee to check out the underground tombs while you’re here.
How to Reach Pompey's Pillar And Temple Of Serapeum
- It’s best to take a taxi to Pompey’s Pillar.
- Esh el Bolbo
- El Haz
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alexandria before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alexandria and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.68% of people who visit Alexandria include Pompey's Pillar And Temple Of Serapeum in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
49.28% of people start their Pompey's Pillar And Temple Of Serapeum visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Pompey's Pillar And Temple Of Serapeum
93.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pompey's Pillar And Temple Of Serapeum