Cattedrale Di Santa Maria, Alghero
About Cattedrale Di Santa Maria, Alghero
Cattedrale Di Santa Maria, Alghero - Address, Phone Number
Address: Piazza Duomo, Alghero, Sardinia, Italy
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Added 2.4K times in trip plans
Church, Family And Kids, Tower
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Also known as Alghero cathedral, it is considered as a Roman Catholic Church and used to be the seat of the bishop of Alghero during 1503 to 1986. Though the cathedral was already considered as a home for the bishop but its construction began from 1530. Later, it was opened in 1593 and finally in 1730, its construction came to an end. The church initially used to have Catalan-Gothic architectural style. You can make out from the octagonal base of the bell tower. However, Renaissance style was implemented in the construction on the nave and the two aisles.
With this, Neo-Classical narthex was added in the façade to give an impressive change in its appearance.
Things To Do: Climb up the bell tower that is just beside the cathedral to get the view of the city.
Cattedrale Di Santa Maria Information
- Dress modestly.
- Maintain tranquility within the church.
- Ask the locals about the entrance fee to climb up the bell tower.
- Ask the locals of the mass timings and the schedule to visit the bell tower.
How To reach Cattedrale Di Santa Maria by Public Transport
- By city buses and get off at Alghero Via Sassari Lato Civico 23 Mercato Civivo.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alghero before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alghero and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cattedrale Di Santa Maria, Alghero Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Villa Sara Alghero
- Pista Ciclabile
- Progetto Natura
- Grotta Dei Palombi
- Cala D'inferno (hell)
- Archeological Area 'santu Pedru
- Cala Bramassa
- Cattedrale Di Santa Maria
- Diving Porto Conte
- Alghero Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Alghero
- What to See in 48 Hours in Alghero
- What to See in 72 Hours in Alghero
- How to Spend 5 Days in Alghero
- How to Spend 6 Days in Alghero
- How to Spend 7 Days in Alghero