How to Reach Alghero
- By Air: Alghero International Airport “Riviera del Corallo” is just 10 km from the town centre. It is connected to all the main towns in Sardinia: Sassari, Cagliari (Oristano-Macomer), Nuoro, Bosa, Santa Teresa di Gallura and Stintino.
- By Ferry: The closest passenger port to Alghero is in Porto Torres which is about 40 km away. The port of Porto Torres is connected to Barcelona, Geneva, Civitavecchia, Marseilles and Propriano.
- By Train: Alghero Train Station is located about 15 minutes from the city centre in Via Don Minzoni. It is well connected to the other cities in Italy.
- By Bike: With its different cycle tracks and paths that connect the city to its surrounding territory, bike is the best way to get around Alghero. You can hire the bike from different stations in the town.
- By Tourist Tours: If you wish to explore the city in a classic Alghero style, you can do so with city’s vintage trains, panoramic buses and old horse-drawn carriages. They are all different ways to discover the main tourist attractions in the town and the surrounding territory.
- By Boat: There is a great variety of excursions available with different types of boats which give the tourists an opportunity to have a look at the old town and Riviera del Corallo.