Are you looking for what to do in Alghero?
PLACES TO SEE
- Anghelu Ruju Necropolis: Located just 9 km from the town of Alghero, this necropolis belongs to pre-neuragic civilization. There are around 37 tombs, some of which have been decorated with bull's heads.
- Cathedral of Santa Maria: This 16th-century cathedral has a Catalan-Gothic and Renaissance structure. Inside the cathedral you will be able to see peach-colored walls, 18th-century chapels, and impressive Baroque marble balustrades before the statue-filled high altar.
- Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art: Located in the former Rosario church, this museum exhibits African sacred paintings and art works.
- Torre Di Porta Terra: The tower served as the main land gate entrance into the old city of Alghero. Today, it houses a bookshop on the ground floor, a virtual journey through Alghero’s history on first floor, and a top floor terrace which offers panoramic views of the city and harbor.
THINGS TO DO
- Grotta Di Nettuno: You can take boat tours which leave from the harbor for Capo Caccia and the breathtaking Neptune caves which embellish the cave lake with their 20m-long stalagmite and stalactite formatio.
- Castelsardo: Located 70 km north of Alghero, this is a medieval town which houses the famous Elephant Rocks. The town is also famous for its delicacies such as sea urchin and lobsters.
- Le Ragnatele Adventure Park: This outdoor adventure park is a fun visit for both adults and children. A perfect place to enjoy steel cables, Tibetan bridges, cable cars, ropes and ladders!
- Diving: Endowed with crystal clear water, Sardinia is the perfect place for diving. Explore the marine life along with wrecks dating from Roman times as well as both World Wars.
Below we have a list of things to do in Alghero and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Alghero getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Alghero with confidence.