Alibag is a pristine and picturesque coastal town in the Raigad district of Konkan region in Maharashtra. Known for its sandy beaches and stunning seascape, Alibag comes across as the most famous weekend getaway from Mumbai and Pune. For people who are not aware, Alibag is just one beach. However, for those who have been to this town would realise that it is a confluence of multiple beaches, located at a short distance from each other. During the monsoons, Alibag becomes host to a beautiful weather, lush green landscape and musical waves that enamour the hearts of many who visit here.
However, the coastal beauty is not just one reason for which one would like to visit Alibag. This town abounds in churches, forts and synagogues and the various temples that add a dash of history and religion to its scenic beauty. For those who want to try out some adventure and water sports here will find a lot of opportunities to play with the waves. Of all the beaches in Alibag, Nagaon beach is the best known for water sports such as S.C.U.B.A diving or kite boarding, sea kayaking or wakeboarding.
A short distance from Mumbai and Pune, Alibag is the famous retreat that offers a number of luxurious to budget cottages where one can stay for a perfect holiday. From gorgeous to popular, from serene to the most enamouring, Alibag’s beaches offer something for all kinds of travellers. And to delve more into its local culture, try the local cuisine here which will add indelible memories of this coastal town forever in your mind.
Essential travel information and Alibag tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Indian Time Zone, UTC+05:30hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year.
- Currency: Currency used in Alibag is Indian Rupees.
- Electricity: 220-240 volts, alternating at 50 cycles per second.
- Internet: 3G connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Alibag is Hindi and local Marathi.
- Security: Civil Hospital 02143 - 22157/22021 , Police Control Room 02143 - 22100 , Tourism Office Mumbai: 022-22023472
- Tipping: Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.Cool cotton clothing, comfortable shoes and sandals, beachwear, sunscreen should do.