Kanakeshwar96 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Temple, Kanakeshwar, Maharastra., Alibag, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
This is one of the most famous Shiva Temples in India. It is situated on a hill near the village Mapgaon. The architecture is of Hoysala style. The temple was built a long time back in 1764. But its majesty is still intact because of the way it has been preserved. The climate on the hill is cool and the surroundings are scenic. Also, the hill is surrounded by a dense jungle. This provides tourists with both- a good view and tranquillity. Legend has it that Lord Shiva himself stepped intothe temple during its construction.
- ‘NagobachaTappa’ (Snake Point)
- ‘DevachiPayari’ (God’s Step)
- The Pushkarni Tank
- Statue of lord Shiva (54ft. high)
- View of the Arabian Sea
- View of the Khandvi Fort
Kanakeshwar Travel Tips
- The hill is about 1200 feet high. Visitors have to climb 750 steps uphill.
- Carry your own water bottles, sunscreens and hats.
How to Reach Kanakeshwar
- Hire a taxi from Alibaug.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alibag before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alibag and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.59% of people who visit Alibag include Kanakeshwar in their plan
25% of people start their Kanakeshwar visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kanakeshwar
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kanakeshwar