Murud Janjira FortCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Janjira Island, Murud, Alibag, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fort
This is one of the most popular historical destinations around Alibag. Janjira covers the whole island that it was built upon. It looks like the Fort is standing on water. A boat will take you to the fort and the boatmen will then also act as your guides for the tour. The fort is historically very significant. History enthusiasts will have a good time here. Although the fort is abandoned and in ruins, there are enough monuments inside its compound to make you understand and imagine how life must have been here centuries back. It is like a walk through the past. Murud janjira boat price can be vary from INR 20-50 to INR 100-300.
- The Boat Ride
- The Hidden Darwaza (door)
- The 40 ft. high walls
- The Canons
- The Old Water tank
- Bargain with the boatmen to strike a reasonable deal.
- Carry your own snacks and water bottles.
- The boats can be really crowded on weekends.
- Do not go swimming by yourself.
- Distance From Mumbai: Approx. 159 Kms via Banglore Highway.
- Distance From Pune: Approx. 181 Kms via Banglore Highway.
- Distance From Alibag: Approx. 54 Kms via Revdanda.
- Entry is free.
- Guide: Rs.30
7 am to 6:30 pm
- Hire a taxi to Rajpuri. A boat Ride from there.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alibag before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alibag and book an accommodation of your choice.
49% of people who visit Alibag include Murud Janjira Fort in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
59.09% of people start their Murud Janjira Fort visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Murud Janjira Fort
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Murud Janjira Fort