Are you looking for what to do in Alibag?
PLACES TO SEE
- Nagaon Beach: Situated on the shores of Arabian Sea, Nagaon Beach is one of the mesmerizing beaches that grace the Alibag belt in Konkan region, India.
- Alibag Beach: This coastal town is known for its penultimate beauty and view of the Colaba Fort. A short boat ride from the beach will take you to this historical fort.
- Janjira Fort: This mighty island fortress in the sea was once the pride of Murud Janjira, and was the stronghold of the Abyssinian Sidis who played an important part in the history of the city of Bombay, in the later part of the 17th century.
- Kihim Beach: Known for its rocky beauty, this beach holds immense opportunities for people who wish to do surfing in Alibag.
- Versoli Beach: Serving as a naval base of the Indian Navy, the Versoli beach is equally popular with the visitors due to its rocky stretches that make it perfect for water sports in Alibag.
- Awas Beach: Known for its beautiful cottages, this beach is an ideal destination for those who are looking for a quiet and serene stay in Alibag.
- Mandwa Beach: Long stretches of white sands make Mandwa beach a popular destination to visit in Alibag. This is also one of the most common weekend getaway destinations from Mumbai due to the ferry service that runs between gateway of India and Mandawa Port.
- Akshi Beach: One of the quieter and secluded beaches in Alibag, Akshi Beach is a must visit for those who wish to see Konkan local life and people.
- KanakeshwarDevasthan Temple: This is an old Shiva temple near Alibag that attracts a lot of pilgrims and visitors. In order to reach this temple, you will have to take 700-750 steps.
- Undheri Fort: Although in ruins today, the Undheri was once constructed as a magnificent sea fort Siddi Qasam in 1680. Small sailing boats can be used to reach this sea fort, which is built on an island by the name ‘Undheri’.
THINGS TO DO
- Water Sports in Alibag: Apart from offering the scenic beauty to the travellers, Alibag is also famous for its watersports that keeps the enthusiasts engaged here. From S.C.U.B.A diving or kite boarding, sea kayaking or wakeboarding or just the plain old fashined jet skiis and bumper & banana rides, Alibag has all the options of water activities.
Below we have a list of things to do in Alibag and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Alibag getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Alibag with confidence.