Basilica Of Santa Maria264 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Plaza de Santa Maria, s/n, 03002 Alicante, Spain
- Timings: 10:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-965216026
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site
The Basilica of Santa Maria is the oldest church in the city of Alicante. It dates back to the 14th century. It was built atop the ruins of Alicante’s biggest mosque. An architecturally stunning building, highlights of it include the doorway which has the image of the Virgin Mary created by sculptor Juan Bautista Borja. Within the church, you will find an 18th century rococo main altar and the Bautismo, Inmaculada and Comunion chapels. You will also find a Valencian baroque organ from the year 1653.
Basilica Of Santa Maria Travel Tips
- It is an active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
Basilica Of Santa Maria Hours
- Timings vary as per church mass. Mass is usually conducted at 9:00 am and 6:30 pm Plan your visit accordingly.
How to Reach Basilica Of Santa Maria
- Bus stop on Calle Jorge Juan
- Ciudad Imperial
- Restaurante La Nyora
- El Negre Lloma
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alicante before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alicante and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.67% of people who visit Alicante include Basilica Of Santa Maria in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
73.58% of people start their Basilica Of Santa Maria visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Basilica Of Santa Maria
75.68% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilica Of Santa Maria
People normally club together Pupuce Plage and Concatedral De San Nicolas Or Saint Nicolas Cathedral while planning their visit to Basilica Of Santa Maria.