Canelobre CavesCurrently Open
- Address: CV-776, Busot, Alicante, Spain
- Timings: 10:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-965699250
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Historical Site
The magnificent Caves of Canelobre are situated near Busot, around 24 kilometres from the city of Alicante. The caves are one of Spain’s largest and deepest cave systems. These caves are believed to date back to 740AD. However, is might have taken more than seven million years for the caves to take their present form. They are still changing gradually, at a rate of 1 centimetre every 100 years. For tourism purpose, the stalactites and stalagmites are illuminated with clever lighting. The main attraction of the caves is the candelabra formation. The caves can only be visited as part of a guided tour. Within the caves is a small picnic area. Fun Fact- the acoustics within the cave are so good that concerts are held there on occasion!
Canelobre Caves Travel Tips
- Remember to carry warm clothes as it is cold inside the caves.
- Carry snacks with you and have a nice picnic within the caves.
Entrance Ticket Details For Canelobre Caves
- Adults: €6
- Seniors and Disabled visitors and children (5-12): €2.50
- Entry is free for children under five years.
Canelobre Caves Hours
- Tours last 40-45 minutes.
How to Reach Canelobre Caves
- Renting a car or hiring a taxi is recommended.
- Local tour companies can organize the trip for you.
- Restaurants present in Busot.c
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alicante before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alicante and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.95% of people who visit Alicante include Canelobre Caves in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
40.27% of people start their Canelobre Caves visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Canelobre Caves
94.02% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Canelobre Caves
Canelobre Caves Reviews & Ratings
Hello! I am interested rather the Caves will be open on the August 10th or not? Thank you!Answer Report Abuse
From July 1 to August 31, Canelobre Caves will be open on all days of the week.Report Abuse
Please can you tell me how you book a visit to the caves.Answer Report Abuse
You can call the staff of Canelobre Caves on 34 965 69 92 50 directly.Report Abuse