Are you looking for what to do in Alicante?
PLACES TO SEE
There are many tourist attractions in Alicante. From the majestic Santa Barbara Castle to the Archaeological Museum, there is a lot to explore. Here are a few recommended places to visit in Alicante:
- Santa Barbara Castle: Situated on top of the Benacantil Hill in Alicante, Santa Barbara Castle aka Castillo de Santa Barbara is the largest medieval fortress in Europe.
- Guadalest Valley: Situated around an hour’s drive from Alicante, Guadalest is a small village in a valley. It is known for its castle and numerous museums. Usually, people plan a one day excursion of the Guadalest valley while touring Alicante.
- Archaeological Museum of Alicante: The Archaeological Museum of Alicante (aka MARQ) has on display archaeological finds dating back to some 100,000 years!
- Explanada de Espana: Lined with restaurants, cafes and stalls selling souvenirs, the Explanada de Espana, also known as the Paseo de la Explanada, is a maritime promenade.
- Canelobre Caves: The magnificent Caves of Canelobre are situated near Busot, around 24 kilometres from the city of Alicante. The caves are one of Spain’s largest and deepest cave systems.
Below we have a list of things to do in Alicante and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Alicante getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Alicante with confidence.