Alice Springs is primarily a desert land as is evident from the Alice Springs Desert Park. Not many know this but 70% of Australia’s land mass is made up of desert. The Desert Park is an open space and can be visited during the day or after nightfall. Walk around on a 75-acre protected land with Aboriginal guides who will add to the tour by telling you the tales of the land and the flora and fauna that thrive in the arid desert environment. Apart from having the largest nocturnal animal house in the southern hemisphere, the Desert Park also sports 320 types of plants species. Everyday there’s a presentation on birds of prey which you don’t want to miss!
There aren’t many opportunities out there to go and just explore the desert in its natural habitat- strong winds and grainy air included. Since it’s a massive park, take your time to explore, understand and marvel at one of the unique ecosystems of nature.
Alice Springs Desert Park Travel Tips
- Last suggested entry 4.30 pm.
Entrance Ticket Details For Alice Springs Desert Park
- Adults- $25, Child (5-15 Years)- $12.50
- Student/Concession- $17.50, Seniors Card- $20
- Economy Pass (1 Adult & up to 2 children)- $43
- Super Economy Pass (2 Adults & up to 4 children)- $68
- NT School Groups (school terms), Accompanying adults are free for every 5 children and Adults-$18.75
- Interstate School Groups (Accompanying adults are free for every 5 children. Additional adults $18.75 each)- $10 per student
- Tertiary Groups (Accompanying adults are free for every 5 people. Additional adults $18.75 each)- $10 per student.
How to Reach Alice Springs Desert Park
- Lyndavale Drive
- Gillen Club (Australian food served)
- Kungas Can Cook Cafe
- Watertank Café (Contemporary cuisine served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alice Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alice Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
62.16% of people who visit Alice Springs include Alice Springs Desert Park in their plan
91.89% of people start their Alice Springs Desert Park visit around 09 AM
3 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 3 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Alice Springs Desert Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Alice Springs Desert Park