Alice Springs Desert ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Larapinta Drive, P.O. Box 1120, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0871, Australia
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-88951878
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Desert Safari, Family And Kids, Desert
Alice Springs Desert Park - Review
Alice Springs is primarily a desert land as is evident from the Alice Springs Desert Park. Not many know this but 70% of Australia’s land mass is made up of desert. The Desert Park is an open space and can be visited during the day or after nightfall. Walk around on a 75-acre protected land with Aboriginal guides who will add to the tour by telling you the tales of the land and the flora and fauna that thrive in the arid desert environment. Apart from having the largest nocturnal animal house in the southern hemisphere, the Desert Park also sports 320 types of plants species. Everyday there’s a presentation on birds of prey which you don’t want to miss!
There aren’t many opportunities out there to go and just explore the desert in its natural habitat- strong winds and grainy air included. Since it’s a massive park, take your time to explore, understand and marvel at one of the unique ecosystems of nature.
Alice Springs Desert Park Information
- Last suggested entry 4.30 pm.
Alice Springs Desert Park Ticket Prices
- Adults- $25, Child (5-15 Years)- $12.50
- Student/Concession- $17.50, Seniors Card- $20
- Economy Pass (1 Adult & up to 2 children)- $43
- Super Economy Pass (2 Adults & up to 4 children)- $68
- NT School Groups (school terms), Accompanying adults are free for every 5 children and Adults-$18.75
- Interstate School Groups (Accompanying adults are free for every 5 children. Additional adults $18.75 each)- $10 per student
- Tertiary Groups (Accompanying adults are free for every 5 people. Additional adults $18.75 each)- $10 per student.
How To reach Alice Springs Desert Park by Public Transport
- Lyndavale Drive
Restaurants Near Alice Springs Desert Park
- Gillen Club (Australian food served)
- Kungas Can Cook Cafe
- Watertank Café (Contemporary cuisine served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alice Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alice Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Alice Springs Desert Park
95% of people who visit Alice Springs include Alice Springs Desert Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
92.01% of people start their Alice Springs Desert Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
3 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 3 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Alice Springs Desert Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Alice Springs Desert Park
Alice Springs Desert Park Map
Alice Springs Desert Park Trips
Alice Springs Desert Park, Alice Springs Reviews
Fantastic place to visit. Take your time to see all the beautiful little birds and animals. We weren't sure if we wanted to come back in the evening for the nocturnal tour but are very glad we did. It was amazing. Highly recommended.
The displays are very well presented and allow a person to experience many aspects of Central Australia in one area. I have to mention the fantastic bird show and nocturnal animals display. And of course the friendly staff and guides round off what is an absolutely magnificent display. Kudos to everyone involved.
The presentations during the day are great. Informative and friendly staff. Exhibits and facilities are good. Don't expect a lot of animals. 2 dingos 1 emu 3 kangaroos. Spend about 3 to 4 hours here. Mornings are best.
This is a biological park. Some interesting exhibits. Loved seeing the nocturnal exhibit and the birds show. Price a little steep if you just want to visit for a few hours.
Really enjoyed this. The birds of prey is highly recommended. They have kangoroos for the kids and also a nice insect/snake area.
All QuestionsAlice springs desert park
- Saint Clement's Church
- The Society For The History Of Natural History
- World Of Toys
- St. Botolph's Church, Hardham
- Wickerfish Art Studio
- Rock And River
- Liverpool Automatic Machine Co
- Julie Langan Glass Design
- Sly Glass
- St Peter & St Paul R C Church
- Sandfield House Farm Caravan Park
- Fun City & Funlands Amusements
- Black Swan Shoppe
- Boogie Sounds Mobile Disco
- Esk Valley Railway