Central Australia Aviation MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Memorial Ave, Connellan Hanger, Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-0889538776
- Ticket Price: 7 AUD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Art Gallery, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Central Australia Aviation Museum - Review
The first thing you should know before you visit the Aviation Museum is Australia’s deep love for aircrafts and how it’s an important part of their history. Based around Alice Springs’ original aerodrome tarmac, the original hangar and the Connellan family (EJ Connellan is the pioneer of aviation in the Northern Territory) property is still a part of the premises. The museum tracks the history of aviation through Central Australia and the Northern Territories; the exhibits include a Royal Flying Doctor Service Drover Aircraft, Wackett trainer aircraft, Dove twin engine aircraft, DC3, Derwent jet engine, Rolls Royce Merlin engine and an Australian built Kookaburra glider along with plenty of photos and memorabilia.
Other features in the Cultural Precinct-
- The Araluen Centre & Galleries
- The Namatjira Gallery
- Museum of Central Australia
- Alice Springs Memorial Cemetery
Central Australia Aviation Museum Information
- The pass you buy here is valid for two days as long as it’s used within 14 days and one pass allows access to all the other attractions on the precinct.
Central Australia Aviation Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults $7.00 Children/Concession $4.00. (Entry included in an Alice Springs Cultural Precinct pass).
How To reach Central Australia Aviation Museum by Public Transport
- Museum of Central Australia
- Memorial Drive
Restaurants Near Central Australia Aviation Museum
- Deck Eatery & Bar
- Hanuman Alice Springs (Indian and Thai cuisines served)
- Gillen Club (Australian food served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alice Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alice Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Central Australia Aviation Museum
27.52% of people who visit Alice Springs include Central Australia Aviation Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
83.33% of people start their Central Australia Aviation Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Central Australia Aviation Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Central Australia Aviation Museum
Central Australia Aviation Museum Trips
Central Australia Aviation Museum, Alice Springs Reviews
It was good, I found it a bit boring, no hands on things, just lots of things to look at. There is a cool kids plane they can ride in.
Lots of historic displays, well worth the stop. (Free too! Pop a donation in the box though!)
Lots of displays of historic aircraft. Very interesting spot.
Very good museum, lovely knowledgeable gentlemen, interactive exhibits really great
Do you know how to develop a child Interest? I dreamed of becoming a pilot. When I see the place for child's intrest, @ Central Australia Aviation Museum, I am speechless. It is a history but it still alive.