The MacDonnell Ranges are home to the Northern Territory of Australia and are an important to the economic value of tourism. A bit of the western side of the range has been transformed into a National Park and is frequented by visitors eager for a bush walking trail. The most famous bush walking trail is the Larapinta Trail which extends for over 200 kms. If you’re a hiking enthusiast, without further ado, book your place now. Depending on your prowess when it comes to the terrain, the hiking/walking trail will either take place along the ridge of the mountain or the plain below which is the National Park. Gorges, steep climbs, breath-taking views and camping under the stars are just some of the treats awaiting your enthusiasm.
Larapinta Trail Travel Tips
- There are many tour operators that conduct walking/hiking tours, tailored to suit your needs in terms of days.
- The trail can range from a day to a week to a fortnight, so choose the time period that best accommodates the rest of your trip.
- The rates, timings and duration of the trails are pre-determined.
How to Reach Larapinta Trail
- Greyhound Australia
- Lyndavale Drive
- Deck Eatery & Bar
- Hanuman Alice Springs (Indian and Thai cuisines served)
- The Juicy Rump (Australian food served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alice Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alice Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
46.62% of people who visit Alice Springs include Larapinta Trail in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
87.88% of people start their Larapinta Trail visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Larapinta Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Larapinta Trail
Larapinta Trail Reviews & Ratings
Is the road suitable for semi off road caravansAnswer Report Abuse
I do not think off-road caravans are allowed on this trail. But you can talk to the information center to make sure.Report Abuse