Are you looking for what to do in Alice Springs?
PLACES TO SEE
- Alice Springs Desert Park: Did you know that around 70% of Australia is made up of desert? The Alice Springs Desert Park is one of the few places where you can explore the sandscapes of a desert, complete with its flora and fauna. An open desert park accessible even after nightfall, there are over 320 species of plants in addition to having the largest nocturnal animal house in the southern hemisphere, Aboriginal guides will take you through the 75 acre protected park and familiarize you with the tales of the land.
- Larapinta Trail: Undoubtedly one of the best walking/hiking trails in the Northern Territory, the Larapinta Trail takes you up to a part of the MacDonnell Range that is home to the Northern Territory. Depending on how far advances a hiker/walker you are, there are different levels of the trail that will cater to your limit. If you find your interest piqued, book your place now!
- Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve: The first Telegraph Station marked the arrival of the European settlers. Used to deliver messages to Darwin and Adelaide for 6 decades, the precinct was the used as a school for Aborigines children; the buildings are now considered to be the best preserved historic buildings in the country. Take a short detour and visit the semi-permanent spring that gave the town its name.
- Alice Springs Reptile Centre: Don’t be fooled by the size of the Alice Springs Reptile Centre; their collection of reptiles is sure to knock your socks off. If you’re already a reptile lover, the Reptile Centre will not fail to live upto your expectations; if you aren’t a fan of them, your opinion is up for a modification. With over a 100 reptiles, there are daily shows where you can pet and feed certain reptiles.
- National Pioneer Women’s Hall of Fame: Known as the country’s first virtual women museum, The National Pioneer Women’s Hall of Fame honours the contribution of the women and their contribution. Located at what was previously a gaol, the Hall of Fame has been segregated into separate sections that pay a tribute to the pioneering women in different ways.
Below we have a list of things to do in Alice Springs and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Alice Springs getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Alice Springs with confidence.