Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne MemorialCurrently Open
- Address: Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211001, India Map
- Timings: 05:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5322460957
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Garden, Historical Site, Memorial, Statue, Family And Kids, Nature
If you are a nature lover and loves to spend some time in peace enjoying the beauty of nature, you must surely visit this place. It is a large sprawling garden with an area of about 133 acres and it is estimated that about 5000 people visit this park every day from early morning till about 8 at night. This park is one of the oldest in the city, built in 1870 to commemorate the visit of Prince Alfred in the city.
The park was a witness to one of the greatest incidents or tragedies in the history of struggle for freedom, as it was here that the famous and fearless freedom fighter Chandrashekhar Azad sacrificed his life during his encounter with the British. A statue of him is erected at the place where he breathed his last.
ThornhillMayne Memorial is located in the garden and is also known Allahabad Public Library. It reflects Gothic style of architecture and sandstone is used in its construction. It was established in 1870 and turned into a public library in 1879. It stands as a symbol of friendship between Lord Thornhill, the commissioner of Allahabad and Mr.Mayne, the collector, both of whom were responsible for the development of the city.
The library contains a collection of more than 75,000 books and is a heaven for the book lovers. Here you get books on all subjects like:
- Physiology, Religion, Fiction and Literature.
- A large number of manuscripts in various languages like Urdu, Sanskrit, Arabic and Persian.
- Journals and Periodicals.
Apart from trees, plants, fruit orchards, lawns and gardens, the park also contains a cricket stadium, Allahabad Museum and a statue of Queen Victoria. The park is one of the places in the city where you get fresh air and the scent of flowers and fruits. So never miss visiting the park and other places in the park.
Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial Travel Tips
- The park is used by the people for morning walks and evening walks, yoga and other exercises.
- The memorial erected in memory of Chandrashekhar Azad is a must visit place in the garden.
- Meetings and small gatherings are also held in the park.
- Take care not to damage the public property in any way.
- Flower show is held here every year.
Entrance Ticket Details For Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial
- Entry is free for all visitors.
Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial Hours
- The park is open on all days of the week.
- The library is open from 09:30 am to 06:30 pm from Monday to Friday.
How to Reach Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial
- Auto rickshaws
- Cycle rickshaws
- Khana Khazana
- Veer Restaurant
- Tasty Bite Restaurant
- Friends Forever Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Allahabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Allahabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial Address: Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211001, India
- Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial Contact Number: +91-5322460957
- Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial Timing: 05:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Best time to visit Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial(preferred time): 05:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
59.86% of people who visit Allahabad include Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
41.38% of people start their Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial
People normally club together Public Library and All Saints Cathedral while planning their visit to Company Gardens And Thornhill Mayne Memorial.