Events and Festivals in Allahabad
- Maha Kumbh Mela:-The Kumbh Mela (fair) is worldwide famous and one of the most sacred pilgrimages in Hinduism. This fair is held once after every 12 years in Prayag, Prayag is now well known as Allahabad. Pilgrims take a pious dip in the sacred waters, and offer their prayers and wishes to the Lord Sun. During this fair a holy bath removes all the sins and purifies the soul of the people.
- Yoga Festival: - This Yoga festival is considered to heal the mind, body and soul of the people in perfect ways.
- Dussehara: - Dussehara festival is also known as Vijayadashami and celebrated in all parts of India with great excitement and fun. In these festival huge idols of Ravana, Kumbhakarna & Meghanad are prepared and erected then set on fire at the evening time. Dussehara is the festival of Victory of Good and Truth over evil. In city during the Dussehara festival people march of the roads with beautifully decorated tableaus representing various scenes from Indian mythology.
Trip plans for Allahabad
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Allahabad
Events & Festivals in Cities Near Allahabad
- Events & Festivals in Phoolpur
- Events & Festivals in Bhadohi
- Events & Festivals in Amethi
- Events & Festivals in Sirmaur
- Events & Festivals in Bahraich
- Events & Festivals in Jaunpur