Hanuman MandirCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Hanuman Mandir, Near Allahabad Fort, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Statue
Hanuman Mandir - Review
This is a famous temple close to Allahabad Fort and the Triveni Sangam, visited by thousands of devotees daily. The unique feature of the temple is that Lord Hanuman here is seen in a reclining position, which is not seen in any other part of India. The present temple was constructed in the year 1787 and underwent renovations in 1940-41. The story behind the reclining position of the idol is that when Lord Ram came at the sangam to worship after his victory in Lanka, Hanuman laid down here as he was suffering from severe bodyache. Another myth is that the River Ganga rises to touch his feet.
The temple is one of the pilgrim centers for the Hindus and is only a walking distance from the Sangam. The idol of Hanumanji is in a hollow in the ground and the devotees have to ascend steps to have a look at the idol. Every year during the rainy season River Ganges gets flooded with water and the flood water enters the temple, submerging the idol of Lord Hanuman. It remains submerged for a few days and during this time the puja is performed for another idol of the Lord kept at a risen platform.
The statue of Hanumanji is very huge, about 20 feet tall and 8 feet wide and he has a ‘Gadda’ in his right hand. Near his right foot you can see ’AhiRavan’. Just near his left shoulder are Lord Rama and Laxmana. At the left foot of the Hanumanji there are the idols of Kamada Devi and Aradhana Devi. Many other shrines are also here dedicated to Ram, Laxman, Radha and Krishna, Sita, Durga, Nandi, Ganesha and Navagriha. A Shivalinga is also worshipped in the temple.
Lord Hanuman symbolizes strength and fearlessness and reciting the prayer of Hanuman, Hanuman Chalisa, is believed to free you from all sorts of fear. Anyone who worships him wholeheartedly is relieved from all worries.
Hanuman Mandir Information
- Go properly dressed to the temple.
- Take a bath before you go to the temple.
- You may take offerings like sweets and flowers with you when you visit the temple.
- Keep the sanctity of the temple and behave in a proper way.
- Do not wear chappals inside the temple. They are to be kept outside.
- Do not throw anything inside the temple.
- Do not crowd in front of the deity. Let others also have a chance to worship.
Hanuman Mandir Hours
- Open for worship on all days of the week.
How To reach Hanuman Mandir by Public Transport
- Auto rickshaws, bicycles and cabs are available to take you to the temple.
Restaurants Near Hanuman Mandir
- Vimal Caters
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Allahabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Allahabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hanuman Mandir
94.17% of people who visit Allahabad include Hanuman Mandir in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
76.92% of people start their Hanuman Mandir visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Hanuman Mandir
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hanuman Mandir
Hanuman Mandir Trips
Hanuman Mandir, Allahabad Reviews
Religious place, जय हनुमान जी