Khusro BaghCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Leader Road, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9620693859
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Garden, Park, Walking Area, Historical Site, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Picnic Spot, Tomb
Khusro Bagh - Review
This is one of the major attractions in the city, even though the crowd here is much less compared to other places in Allahabad. It is a beautiful garden with high walls surrounding it and has four tombs inside.
The garden was built as a pleasure garden for Prince Salim, who was the son of the Mughal Emperor Akbar and rebelled against his father. Well, he grew up to become Emperor Jahangir. History repeated itself and there arose a discord between Jahangir and his eldest son Khusrau. Despaired by the sad turn of events, Shah Begum, Khusrau’s mother, committed suicide and was buried in the park. She was a Rajput princess and the first tomb here was built in memory of Shah Begum in 1606.
The architecture of these mausoleums reflects a blend of Mughal and Rajput style and is wonderful to behold.
- The tomb of Shah Begum is a three tiered structure without a main mound, but with a large Chhatri. The Arabic inscription carved on the tomb was done by Mir Abdulla Mushkin Qalam, who was the famous calligrapher of Jahangir.
- Next to the tomb of Shah Begum is the tomb of Nuthar Begum, sister of Khusrau. This is the most beautiful of the three, making you awestruck with its elaborately decorated and adorned interiors. It is built on an elevated platform and the ceilings of the rooms are beautifully painted with stars in concentric circles. The walls of the central room are exquisitely decorated with floral designs showing flowers, plants and Cypresses. The tomb was built under the instructions of the princess but she was buried in another place.
- Last of the three tombs is that of Khusrau. It is also a masterpiece, although not as elaborate as that of Nuthar Begum. A fourth tomb, called the Mausoleum of Tombolan, is located at the centre of the garden.
The gateway of the park is large and very impressive with inscriptions in Persian. During the 1987 revolt, the garden was the hub of the sepoys under Maulavi Liyakat Ali. So it was also involved in the freedom struggle of India.
Khusro Bagh Information
- Visit the place in the morning or evening as it will be less hot.
- Do not throw any waste within the premises of the garden.
- Better visit the place in groups rather than alone.
- A good picnic spot for the tourists.
- Located close to Allahabad Junction Station and you may take an auto rickshaw or a cab to reach the garden.
Khusro Bagh Ticket Prices
- No tickets needed.
Khusro Bagh Hours
- Open for the visitors on all days of the week.
How To reach Khusro Bagh by Public Transport
- There is a bus stand near the garden.
Restaurants Near Khusro Bagh
- Nirala Misthan Bhandar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Allahabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Allahabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Khusro Bagh
95% of people who visit Allahabad include Khusro Bagh in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
45.45% of people start their Khusro Bagh visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Khusro Bagh
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Khusro Bagh
Khusro Bagh Trips
Khusro Bagh, Allahabad Reviews
Great place to hang around ,peaceful environment could have been more clean or dust free but still a must visit ....just 10 min. Walking distance from platform 1 of Allahabad jn. Instead of waiting for train at station ,one could hang around here
￼ 4) Khusro Bagh PC- Satyam Khusro Bagh is a perfect place in Allahabad where one can relish the beauty of nature and history simultaneously. It is a large burial land surrounded by lush greenery, and, therefore, it houses several beautifully built tombs. It is one of the few places in the Allahabad region which showcase the beauty of the Mughal architecture. Flawlessly designed arches and beautifully built domes are certain major things which shouldn't be ignored here. As these tombs are surrounded by a green lawn and lovely trees, it also makes for a perfect picnic spot.
450 years old Historically, Architecture wise, not affected by time, wonderful structures. Huge red stone tombs and big gardens spread in many acres. Government is developing the garden. More plantation and more direction boards are required. Peaceful place to sit and enjoy the silence.
a very big Garden, so much trees Garden and benches to sit. You can spend their some relaxing time Students go there for studies in that peaceful environment. you can visit there with family and friends. Nursery is also there you can buy plants of many varieties Its a Historical place so you can go and see it
very good and peaceful place for picnic. lots of new construction is going on , i hope it will complete very soon.