Khusro BaghCurrently Closed
- Address: Leader Road, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9620693859
- Tags: Garden, Park, Walking Area, Historical Site, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Picnic Spot, Tomb
About Khusro Bagh, Allahabad
This is one of the major attractions in the city, even though the crowd here is much less compared to other places in Allahabad. It is a beautiful garden with high walls surrounding it and has four tombs inside.
The garden was built as a pleasure garden for Prince Salim, who was the son of the Mughal Emperor Akbar and rebelled against his father. Well, he grew up to become Emperor Jahangir. History repeated itself and there arose a discord between Jahangir and his eldest son Khusrau. Despaired by the sad turn of events, Shah Begum, Khusrau’s mother, committed suicide and was buried in the park. She was a Rajput princess and the first tomb here was built in memory of Shah Begum in 1606.
The architecture of these mausoleums reflects a blend of Mughal and Rajput style and is wonderful to behold.
- The tomb of Shah Begum is a three tiered structure without a main mound, but with a large Chhatri. The Arabic inscription carved on the tomb was done by Mir Abdulla Mushkin Qalam, who was the famous calligrapher of Jahangir.
- Next to the tomb of Shah Begum is the tomb of Nuthar Begum, sister of Khusrau. This is the most beautiful of the three, making you awestruck with its elaborately decorated and adorned interiors. It is built on an elevated platform and the ceilings of the rooms are beautifully painted with stars in concentric circles. The walls of the central room are exquisitely decorated with floral designs showing flowers, plants and Cypresses. The tomb was built under the instructions of the princess but she was buried in another place.
- Last of the three tombs is that of Khusrau. It is also a masterpiece, although not as elaborate as that of Nuthar Begum. A fourth tomb, called the Mausoleum of Tombolan, is located at the centre of the garden.
The gateway of the park is large and very impressive with inscriptions in Persian. During the 1987 revolt, the garden was the hub of the sepoys under Maulavi Liyakat Ali. So it was also involved in the freedom struggle of India.
Khusro Bagh Information
- Visit the place in the morning or evening as it will be less hot.
- Do not throw any waste within the premises of the garden.
- Better visit the place in groups rather than alone.
- A good picnic spot for the tourists.
- Located close to Allahabad Junction Station and you may take an auto rickshaw or a cab to reach the garden.
Khusro Bagh Ticket Prices
- No tickets needed.
Khusro Bagh Opening and Closing Hours
- Open for the visitors on all days of the week.
How To reach Khusro Bagh by Public Transport
- There is a bus stand near the garden.
Restaurants Near Khusro Bagh
- Nirala Misthan Bhandar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Allahabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Allahabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Khusro Bagh
95% of people who visit Allahabad include Khusro Bagh in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
33.6% of people start their Khusro Bagh visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Khusro Bagh
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Khusro Bagh
Khusro Bagh Map
Khusro Bagh Trips
Khusro Bagh, Allahabad Reviews
You will definitely enjoy while visiting this park as due to the following reasons... 1. It has a very large area to explore. 2. Adults can do their exercises and yoga peacefully. 3.Children can also play their due to of its large outdoor space... 4. BEST PLACE FOR 📷📸📹 PHOTOGRAPHY📷📸📹📽
Khusrobagh is the pleasant and calm place to visit for historical place. It has big garden, big tombs and also morning walk and evening walk place. The most of thing that this is also a study atmosphere place to studied for competitive exams. Many students came here for quite and calm study of all competitive exams.
Historical place. Near to Allahabad railway station. Best place for leaser time and huge lawn with tress gives good breeze even in the afternoon. In the evening garden rushed with lots of young kids and families. Entry is free for all and good place for photographs too.
Nicely constructed monument in Allahabad by shah Jahan. You can find it fully compressed with Art. Place is having a area for sitting, roaming and clicking. Ground area is mostly engaged with the students for reading and roaming. There are lot other things you can see here like flowers etc.
A place of peace and historic significance right in the middle of the busy Allahabad city. Located at walking distance from the Allahabad station, this place attracts a lot of elderly people during the sunrise and sunset hours who come here regularly to walk and jog. The place is also popular with the city's youth as a quaint selfie destination. There is no entry fee to the park whatsoever. The monuments are fairly well preserved, but the designs on the ceiling is not in very good condition. The facility is overall maintained very well.
All QuestionsKhusro bagh
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal