Are you looking for what to do in Allahabad?
- Allahabad Fort: - The Fort is situated on the northern banks of the Yamuna, near to Triveni. Three magnificent galleries flanked by high towers in this majestic fort. This fort was built by the great Moghul king Akbar in 1583.
- Anand Bhawan: - Anand Bhawan is the familial home of the Nehru’s, presently the Anand Bhawan houses a memorabilia of the Nehru-Gandhi family and one of the superb museums of India.
- Chandra Shekhar Azad Park:-This is the place where the great freedom fighter Chandra Shekhar Azad had died by encounter done by the Britishers.
- Chitrakoot: - Chitrakoot is situated to 132 km from Allahabad; it is a famous Hindu pilgrimage centre. Attractive bathing ghats on the Mandakini river and there are over 30 most gorgeous temples in this town. Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva are supposed to have taken their manifestation and Lord Ram has stayed here during his deport.
- Water Sports in Yamuna: - Various water sports can be enjoyed in the waters of Yamuna. Skiing, Para-sailing, kayaking, wind surfing enterprise, yachting boat, optimist sailing, water snookering, and shallow water diving. Allahabad Boat Club is the organizer and provider for required logistics.
- Civil Lines Market: - In this market number of shops providing products used for rituals includes sandalwood, incense, incense stick, and others. This market is also popular for its bookshops. Shoppers can buy religious hymns and philosophies based books. It is the main shopping centers in Allahabad.
- The Sacred Sangam: - The sacred 'Sangam' literally means flowing together. Maha Kumbh Mela held every 12 years at the Sangam, one of the most sacred pilgrimages of Hindus.
Below we have a list of things to do in Allahabad and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Allahabad getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Allahabad with confidence.