Triveni Sangam PrayagCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Baand Marg, Kumbh Mela Area 1, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211055, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5322408374
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Water Body, Waterfront, Landmark, River
Triveni Sangam Prayag - Review
Three rivers, Ganges, Yamuna and the invisible River Saraswati meet together here, creating a beautiful sight to the spectators. During the Kumbh Mela, which is celebrated here every 12 years, tourists and pilgrims from all over the country flock together, forming a human sea. Indira Gandhi, who was the dynamic Prime Minister of India, used to visit here and take a holy dip in the Sangam.
One of the myths associated with the place is that when Gods passed over here with a pitcher full of nectar, a few drops of the nectar fell down. So a bath in the Sangam is considered very auspicious, having the power to wash away all your sins, making you pure. Another belief is that Lord Brahma used to perform Prakrishta Yajna here. This is supposed to give Allahabad the name Prayag.
The very sight of the holy rivers is bound to make you awe at the spirituality of the place. There are boats to take you to the Sangam and once you reach the place, you will be spellbound with the beauty of the place. River Yamuna is deep and calm with greenish colored water, while River Ganges is frivolous with shallow and clear water. River Saraswati is believed to be underneath the water and not visible to the human eye.
Many of the devotees take a dip in the holy waters of the Sangam and perform Pujas. Beware of the pundits who help you perform the rituals, as they may charge you extra. During auspicious days a number of holy men and devotees take a dip in the Sangam. A lot of birds are also seen here and people buy chips and dry snacks to feed them. The divinity of the place is beyond description and its beauty is best experienced during the sun rise and the sun set.
Triveni Sangam Prayag Information
- Visit the place in the morning or in the evening as the place is very hot during the afternoon.
- Bargain with the boatman and fix the price before you step into the boat.
- During the winter seasons you may see a lot of immigrant birds.
- Do not carry any of your valuable when you go for a ride in the boat. Better keep it in the vehicle or in lockers if they are available.
- If you are performing any puja, make sure that the pundits do not fool you.
- Be careful when going on the boat with children.
- Take drinking water and food with you.
Triveni Sangam Prayag Ticket Prices
- Rs.20 to use the temporary platform made inside the Sangam.
- Other Hours Details: Open on all days of the week.
How To reach Triveni Sangam Prayag by Public Transport
- Bus stand outside temple.
Restaurants Near Triveni Sangam Prayag
- There are no eateries nearby.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Allahabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Allahabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Triveni Sangam Prayag
95% of people who visit Allahabad include Triveni Sangam Prayag in their plan
05 AM - 06 AM
56.22% of people start their Triveni Sangam Prayag visit around 05 AM - 06 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Triveni Sangam Prayag
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Triveni Sangam Prayag
Triveni Sangam Prayag Map
Triveni Sangam Prayag Trips
Triveni Sangam Prayag, Allahabad Reviews
In Hindu tradition Triveni Sangam is the "confluence" of three rivers. Sangama is the Sanskrit word for confluence. The point of confluence is a sacred place for Hindus. Mostly Hindu residing in the locality and out of state too often visit here to perform rituals.
Good to experience 3 rivers but there is mud and slush everywhere. No proper place to take a dip in the water. NOTE : Be aware of the sellers, they will charge high and collect the coconuts that you leave in the water for reselling. There is a Hanuman temple close by, better to visit that as well.
Yahhan pandit bhot lutte h, toh plz aware.
Despite being a major devotional entity for Hindus around the globe, Triveni Sangam does not maintain its cleanliness. The local authorities fail to regulate the fairs of boats. The carrier boats take you to their predetermined Pandit who are waiting eagerly to tear your wallet apart. Every ritual will cost you a whole lot of money failing which you will be scared spirituality. At the end of your endeavor you will find yourself financially shaken and a lot wiser.
Nice place to stay with us and the people who are great but use of negotiation sorry for the people who are not received any response from the following data and plantation for other the ......................................................................... ............................................................................... Jai ma yamuna jai maa gange jai maa sarswati ..................... Ka sangam but hame bas ganga mata aur yamuna mata hi dikhai deti hai
All QuestionsTriveni sangam prayag
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Cathedral & Chapels
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames