Triveni Sangam Prayag, Allahabad
About Triveni Sangam Prayag, Allahabad
Triveni Sangam Prayag, Allahabad - Address, Phone Number
Address: Baand Marg, Kumbh Mela Area 1, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211055
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 2.4K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Water Body, Waterfront, Landmark, River
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Three rivers, Ganges, Yamuna and the invisible River Saraswati meet together here, creating a beautiful sight to the spectators. During the Kumbh Mela, which is celebrated here every 12 years, tourists and pilgrims from all over the country flock together, forming a human sea. Indira Gandhi, who was the dynamic Prime Minister of India, used to visit here and take a holy dip in the Sangam.
One of the myths associated with the place is that when Gods passed over here with a pitcher full of nectar, a few drops of the nectar fell down. So a bath in the Sangam is considered very auspicious, having the power to wash away all your sins, making you pure. Another belief is that Lord Brahma used to perform Prakrishta Yajna here. This is supposed to give Allahabad the name Prayag.
The very sight of the holy rivers is bound to make you awe at the spirituality of the place. There are boats to take you to the Sangam and once you reach the place, you will be spellbound with the beauty of the place. River Yamuna is deep and calm with greenish colored water, while River Ganges is frivolous with shallow and clear water. River Saraswati is believed to be underneath the water and not visible to the human eye.
Many of the devotees take a dip in the holy waters of the Sangam and perform Pujas. Beware of the pundits who help you perform the rituals, as they may charge you extra. During auspicious days a number of holy men and devotees take a dip in the Sangam. A lot of birds are also seen here and people buy chips and dry snacks to feed them. The divinity of the place is beyond description and its beauty is best experienced during the sun rise and the sun set.
Triveni Sangam Prayag Information
- Visit the place in the morning or in the evening as the place is very hot during the afternoon.
- Bargain with the boatman and fix the price before you step into the boat.
- During the winter seasons you may see a lot of immigrant birds.
- Do not carry any of your valuable when you go for a ride in the boat. Better keep it in the vehicle or in lockers if they are available.
- If you are performing any puja, make sure that the pundits do not fool you.
- Be careful when going on the boat with children.
- Take drinking water and food with you.
Triveni Sangam Prayag Ticket Prices
- Rs.20 to use the temporary platform made inside the Sangam.
- Other Hours Details: Open on all days of the week.
How To reach Triveni Sangam Prayag by Public Transport
- Bus stand outside temple.
Restaurants Near Triveni Sangam Prayag
- There are no eateries nearby.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Allahabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Allahabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Triveni Sangam Prayag, Allahabad Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful holy place of Allahabad, sangam triveni, meeting point of ganga yamuna and saraswati river, and famous Kumbh mela.
It is the place of confluence of 3 rivers: Ganga, Yamuna and Sarasawati. Holi place for the Hindus
Boat takes to the sangam. 60rs per person. At sangam, Ganga and Yamuna water colour are different. But river Saraswati is a loopt nadi. To bath at the sangam, their leader asks for 40rs per person. We denied n came back. There is not too much water in the river. It's crowded with people performing rituals.
It is a confluence of three river Ganga,Yamuna , Saraswati, so the name Tribeni Sangam (In reality Saraswati has no entity).After every 12 years Kumbha Mela held here and around 20 lakhs of religious people and visitors all over the country assembled here and took holy dip .The duration of the mela is about one and half month .
Meerut Shastri Nagar
- Nearby Attractions
- Ewing Christian College
- Public Library
- Allahabad University
- Allahabad Airport
- Allahabad Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Allahabad
- What to See in 48 Hours in Allahabad
- What to See in 72 Hours in Allahabad
- How to Spend 5 Days in Allahabad
- How to Spend 6 Days in Allahabad
- How to Spend 7 Days in Allahabad