Find a serene combination of natural beauty and alluring sanity of this Indian place of bliss. Popularly known as the Venice of east, Alleppey, also called Alappuzha is the Indian town located in the state of Kerala. While the breathtaking nature is a reason good enough to visit the town, there are many other reasons for Alleppey to bag the place in being your favorite destination list.
If you want to spend your vacation while riding a little boat through the Kerala backwaters while you slurp fresh coconut water, Alleppey is the place you should definitely visit.
Ambalapuzha Shree Krishna Temple, Mannarasala Shri Nagaraja Temple, St. Mary's Forane Church, St. Andrew's Basilica Arthunkal,Karumadikuttan, Krishnapuram Palace and Mullakkal Temple are some of the major attractions in Alleppy.
Lord Curzon, noted Viceroy of India during British Raj called Alleppy as the Venice of the East and surely it has maintained this title, over all these years. Canals, backwaters, beaches and lagoons is all what makes Alleppy, India’s very own Venetian Capital.
Located just 7 kilometers away from the Indian city of Cochin, Alleppey is famous for its coconut plantations, backwaters, lovely house boats and relishing South Indian delicacies. With its intriguing past of magnificent kings, Alleppey has a special place in classic literature. What makes it so amazing to be written about over and over again, find out!
Essential travel information and Alleppey tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC+05:30
- Currency: Indian Rupee
- Language: Malayalam and English are predominant languages in Alleppy. Tour guides also know a little of Hindi too!
- Electricity and Internet: Voltage: 220V and 240V AC. For internet , some hotels have free Wi-Fi access.
- Security: 100 - Police Control Room, 101 – Fire control room, 102 – Ambulance Helpline, 1091 - Women’s Helpline
- Tipping: Tipping is not compulsory in India. But if you’re mighty impressed with the service, you can tip about 10 percent of the actual bill.
- Other tips:
- Alleppey has typically humid climate, so carry lots of summer clothes.
- During the tourist season, the place is crowded. Book your hotels, flights and taxis well in advance to get a good deal.
- Do not swim in the sea because the currents are strong and swimming is not recommended.
- Do not sunbathe openly on beaches as people in India are slightly conservative. Private beaches at various resorts are a good option for the same.
- While visiting the temples, ensure where the entry is allowed and where it is prohibited to avoid chaos.
Alleppey Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Alleppey. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Alleppey trip planner.
what is the list of heritage structures and important art forms of Alleppey?Answer Report Abuse