Chakkulathukavu TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Dist Alappuzha, Near Thiruvalla, Neerattupuram, Kerala 689645, Alleppey, India
- Timings: 04:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4772210999
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Festival
Located slightly away from the city, this beautiful temple also deserves a visit. This temple is dedicated to Goddess Shakti. According to the locals, this temple has a history of over 3000 years. The best fact about this temple is its location. On either sides of the temple river Pamba and Manimala flows which makes the ambience more serene and beautiful. Festival like Pongal is celebrated in this temple. Pongal is a grand affair over here as thousands of women participate in it. However, in celebrating the rituals of this festival only women are allowed to participate.
Chakkulathukavu Temple Travel Tips
- Follow the rules and regulations of the temple so that you can worship comfortably.
- Camera, radio, tape recorder, mobile phones, video cameras are not allowed inside the temple.
- Do not touch the Balikallu with foot, inside the Nalambalam.
- Do not spit in the temple premise.
- Take special care of your purse and ornaments.
- Make sure you don’t get misguided by any false booking agents.
Entrance Ticket Details For Chakkulathukavu Temple
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Chakkulathukavu Temple
- Nearby Bus Stop: Neerattupuram Bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alleppey before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alleppey and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.92% of people who visit Alleppey include Chakkulathukavu Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
56.25% of people start their Chakkulathukavu Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Chakkulathukavu Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chakkulathukavu Temple
Chakkulathukavu Temple Reviews & Ratings
Its one of the temples that portrays the simplicity, richness and heritage of Kerala. The calm demeanour and practices followed by the priests / devotees and the overall aura within the temple will rejuvenate you from within..
Temple area is so nice... Good free parking facility.... Mind refreshing atmosphere..
Very nuce temple thanks to Anup Swamy for recommending me here.
One of the famous Goddess (Devi) Durga temple in kerala . Peaceful atmosphere
One of the famous Devi Temple in kerala... chakulathu kavu pongala is the famous festival for ladies... nice parking and religious ambience...