Events and Festivals in Alleppey
- Chettikulangara Bhagavathy Temple Festival: Devotees, horses and chariot floats and cultural performances. One of the most important festivals in the year.
- Theyyam Festival: A superbly colourful dance, music and mime festival done in traditional costumes.
- Sree Krishnaswamy Temple Festival: Elephants put up a show for Lord Krishna over 10 days at local temples.
- St George’s Church Festival: 10 days of devotee processions, with a final day of rolling on the ground and walking to church on their knees.
- Kadammanitta Padayani: How often do you get to see an indigenous martial art dance?
- Champakulam Moolam Boat Race: The oldest of the Snake Boat Race on the River Pampa on Moolam Day.
- Nehru Trophy Boat Race: The most famous of the boat races coincides with the Onam harvest festival.
- Onam Festival: Kerala’s main annual event, a harvest festival with lots of processions and performances.
- Neelamperoor Padayani: An ancient ritual dance festival.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Alleppey