How to Reach Alleppey
- By plane: The nearest airport to Alleppey is the Cochin airport. Though there is no direct access to Alleppey via a plane, there are various flights also to the Indian cities of Thiruvananthapuram, Kozikode, Chennai and Bangalore. You have to then opt for a bus, train or a taxi to get to the place.
- By Train: With the well-connected Indian network of railways, there are number of direct trains to Alleppey from all the major cities of India like New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore. There are also a number of interstate trains. With the serene nature around, a train journey is a remarkable experience.
- By Bus: There are various local Luxury buses that run daily from the near-by cities like Cochin, Kozikode, Thiruvananthapuram, Chennai and Bangalore. The buses are cheaply cost and fine to travel.
- By Car: The district is well-connected with the national highway 47 and travelling by car is the nicest option available. The tourist taxis can be booked on the airport or the railway stations and would take you anywhere you want to. They are fairly profitable for the people travelling in a group.
- By Bus: The local bus transport of the city is excellent and the rates are pocket-friendly.
- By Auto-rickshaw: This Indian way of commuting is a cheap and convenient option for travelling within Alleppey between different attractions. The driver might also enlighten you with local happenings and what’s new!
- By Taxi: Various car rental companies offer tourist taxis at cheap rates. The rates are decided with the per km norm but there are extras like the food for the driver. You can also rent a car for self drive if you are good at reading the maps.
- By Foot or a Bicycle: Alleppey being a little place, you can also roam around if you love walks! Rent a Bicycle if you are fond of it and you can travel almost free of cost. Be conscious of the indefinite traffic though. English being the second most popular language of the place after Malayalam, you can easily get around.