Kuttikattu Sree Bhadra Kali Devi Temple
- Address: Cherthala, Alappuzha district, India, Alleppey
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
This unique temple is located within a small town, named Cherthala within Alappuzha district. It is one of the rare temples is South India that is dedicated to Goddess Bhadrakali. Nearly thousands of pilgrims come here to offer their prayer. The famous festival celebrated in this temple is Kunguma Khalasam. This festival is celebrated on the first Sunday of every month. People from all over Kerala comes here to offer prayer for the well-being of their children, for health, wealth and prosperity. Another unique festival celebrated over here is named as Serpent-worship. In this festival, Naga devatha (Serpent God) is worshiped. It is held during the annual ceremony Sarppam Pattu.
So, visit this temple during one such festival to see how the rituals are performed.
Kuttikattu Sree Bhadra Kali Devi Temple Travel Tips
- It is best to visit the temple during morning hours or early evening hours.
- Follow common Hindu rituals like leaving your shoes outside the temple.
- Pay respect to the Hindu rituals followed within the temple.
- Observe absolute silence inside the temple.
- Make sure your visit doesn’t disturb other worshippers.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kuttikattu Sree Bhadra Kali Devi Temple
- Entry is free.
Kuttikattu Sree Bhadra Kali Devi Temple Hours
- For pooja timings, ask the temple authorities.
How to Reach Kuttikattu Sree Bhadra Kali Devi Temple
- By hired car from the city.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alleppey before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alleppey and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.06% of people who visit Alleppey include Kuttikattu Sree Bhadra Kali Devi Temple in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.67% of people start their Kuttikattu Sree Bhadra Kali Devi Temple visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kuttikattu Sree Bhadra Kali Devi Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kuttikattu Sree Bhadra Kali Devi Temple
People normally club together Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary,Vembanad Lake And Pathiramanal Island and Sree Venu Gopal Swamy Temple while planning their visit to Kuttikattu Sree Bhadra Kali Devi Temple.