Chitai TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 04:30 pm]
- Address: Almora District, Almora 263601, India
- Timings: 10:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids
About Chitai Temple, Almora
The Chitai Temple is one of the major landmarks of Almora. The presiding deity here is Lord Shiva, who often reffered to as Golu Devta. This hilltop temple is visited by hundreds of devotees throughout the year with their offerings.
The temple was constructed in the 12th century by a general from the Chand dynasty. The temple became famous over the centuries as it helped people with food and shelter without turning them away.
The temple is also known for its unique collection of brass bells which have been gifted over the years by the devotees who would offer it as thanksgiving for prayers answered. The temple walls are covered with court stamp papers by devotees who did not receive justice in courts. Earlier, animal sacrifice was the norm but the practice has slowly come to a stop.
Chitai Temple Information
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear.
- Carry bottles of water.
- Beware of tour guides.
Chitai Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- An early morning visit is recommended.
- Other recommended time to visit is from the months of October to March.
How To reach Chitai Temple by Public Transport
- Buses ply to the destination.
- Taxis are available.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Almora before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Almora and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chitai Temple
95% of people who visit Almora include Chitai Temple in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
69.79% of people start their Chitai Temple visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chitai Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chitai Temple
Chitai Temple Map
Chitai Temple Trips
Chitai Temple, Almora Reviews
Highly recommended to visit specially for Pahari people. Though other people can also visit. It is believed to be a place where you can ask for wish to be fulfilled and if they happened to be in future you can visit here again to thank Golu Devta. In most of the cases it seems to be true. Now a days since when the news has been telecasted on news channels regarding this temple there is a lot of rush here. So visit accordingly.
Jai Golu Devta. One of old temple with high values. Its very famous Hindu Temple and people coming here from all over the India. You can hang a bell in temple for your wish. Also, you can leave a letter for Devta with your wishes.
Lord golu, who is famous for his fairness. people come here from thousands of kilometers with their pain and go from here with inner peace and satisfaction. if you come here you will see uncountable letters and bells.
Unique temple with an abundance of bells of all sizes tied all around as offering to the deity by the devotees Many pieces of paper hung as well with wishes and thank you notes Be mindful for the monkeys which are always ready to snatch the offerings from your pooja plate
The famous hilltop temple of Chitai is 6 kms from Almora. Lord Golla (Golu), to whom the temple is dedicated is a deified general of the Chand dynasty.
All QuestionsChitai temple
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal