Cenotaph Of Maharaja Bhaktawar SinghCurrently Closed
- Address: Moholla Ladiya, Alwar, Rajasthan- 301001, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 5 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Memorial, Monument, Family And Kids
The cenotaph is a monument of love. It was built by Maharaja Vinay Singh, son of Maharaja Bhaktawar Singh in his father’s honor. This is also known as Moosi Rani ki Chhatri, named after one of the mistresses of Maharaja Bhaktawar Singh. Moosi Bai is said to have performed Sati by jumping into the pyre of her husband in this place only. After this incident, she was given the status of a Queen.
This monument is built outside the main palace. It is a two-storey building made of red sandstone. It is based on many small white marble pillars. There are also many domed pavilions on the ground floor.
The Bengali styled arches and the just opposite red and white color just increases the grandeur of the beautiful monument. You can also find the following features here:
- A line of tanks known as ‘Ghats’ surrounding this building along with houses of local families.
- The ceiling of the dome is decorated with inscriptions from The Ramayana and The Bhagavad Geeta.
- Inside the building there are raised footprints of the couple covered with flower petals and candles left by the visitors, especially women who come to pray over here.
- There is also said to be a small hole, from where water is taken out for prayer purposes.
- The remaining of some beautiful sculptures and paintings of horsemen and other blue and gold geometric motifs.
Cenotaph Of Maharaja Bhaktawar Singh Travel Tips
- Shoes should be opened before entering the cenotaph.
- The road connecting the monument is not in a good condition.
- You can enjoy the view of the City Palace while resting in the shade of the monument.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cenotaph Of Maharaja Bhaktawar Singh
- INR 10 per person for foreigners.
How to Reach Cenotaph Of Maharaja Bhaktawar Singh
- The nearest airport is the Delhi IGI.
- The nearest railway junction is Alwar.
- Inderlok Restaurant
- Narula’s Restaurant
- Ice & Spice
- Tija Coffee House
- Angeethi Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.96% of people who visit Alwar include Cenotaph Of Maharaja Bhaktawar Singh in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
55.56% of people start their Cenotaph Of Maharaja Bhaktawar Singh visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cenotaph Of Maharaja Bhaktawar Singh
55.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Cenotaph Of Maharaja Bhaktawar Singh