Purjan ViharCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Sector 7, Alwar, Rajasthan- 301001, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 5 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture
Purjan Vihar is one of the landmark attractions of Alwar. It was initially known as The Company Gardens. Later, Maharaja Jai Singh changed its name to Purjan Vihar. The first stone was laid during the rule of Maharaja Shivdan Singh is 1868 and was at last completed into a large vaulted structure by Maharaja Mangal Singh.
The structure was mainly built to prevent the strong sun rays from entering into the garden and escaping from the heat of the deserts. This was named as ‘Shimla House’, which means house of summer.
The garden is located in the complex of the City Palace of Alwar and is an attractive part of it. It serves as a very popular tourist attraction and a picnic spot by the locals. The garden is famous for-
- Intrinsic visual beauty.
- The splendid lush green lawns that relax your eyes. The lawns were created in the 19th century and surprisingly still remain just as beautiful as they were a 100 years back.
- There are beautiful pathways laid out for you to enjoy the scenery while you take a walk amidst the garden.
This place is surely a colorful and fresh treat to the eyes in the middle of the sandy deserts. The beauty of this place strongly attracts the tourists who come to Alwar.
Purjan Vihar Travel Tips
- The best time to visit is in the early morning to view the mesmerizing sunrise from here.
- The garden is closed on Monday.
- Cameras and video cameras are allowed here without any extra charge.
- The place has a pleasant weather even during the summers due to the Shimla House, which makes way for the cooler air minus the strong rays of the sun.
Entrance Ticket Details For Purjan Vihar
- INR 10 for foreigners.
How to Reach Purjan Vihar
- The nearest airport is the Delhi IGI.
- The nearest railway junction is Alwar.
- The Bridge
- Ice & Spice
- Prem Pavitra Bhojanalaya
- Tija coffee House
- Narula’s Restaurant
- Inderlok Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
51.71% of people who visit Alwar include Purjan Vihar in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
53.85% of people start their Purjan Vihar visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Purjan Vihar
92.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Purjan Vihar
Purjan Vihar Reviews & Ratings
Visit only when u need items in large quantities. Otherwise too much rush. You need approx 3 hours to take grocery items. And staff behaviour is also rude type. For liquor it's good maximum 10 min. Waiting.
We always see the wrong side of others, we never see their good aspect, because looking at the good aspect we do not have that vision ..
Csd canteen near by company gardun nice view
Not been their but I can assure you ...CSDs are the best canteen if you have defence smart cards
The place was pretty good.. bt there was too darkness in the garden.. I think there should be more lights.. so that the garden can look more beautiful at night....