Sariska Tiger Reserve, Alwar
Sariska Tiger Reserve, Alwar - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Alwar, Rajasthan- 301001
Ticket Price: 25 INR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 4.8K times in trip plans
Outdoors, National Park, Wildlife Sanctuary , Park, Wildlife Park, Wildlife Safari
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Sariska Tiger Reserve, Alwar
In the land surrounding the royal fort of Kankwadi, is situated the ‘Land of the Carnivores’. This is the same place that used to be the hunting estate of Raja Jai Singh II during the 16th century. Here stands the famous Sariska Tiger Reserve. Initially, it was declared a National Park in 1958 and later designated as a Tiger Reserve in 1979. It comes under the “Project Tiger” program in India.
The Sariska Tiger Reserve is located in the Alwar district of Rajasthan. It is the best place if you are brave enough to experience an adventurous journey through the habitats of the beautiful beasts here. It is one of the most popular Tourist Attraction of India. The main beauty of this place is the Royal Bengal Tigers. Other than it, you will also find- Leopard, Jungle Cat, Caracal, striped Hyena, Golden Jackal, Chital, Sambhar, Nilgai, Chinkara, four-horned Antelope, Wild Boar, Hare, Hanuman Langur, Rhesus Monkeys.
The beautiful birds that you can find here are- Peafowl, Grey Partridge, Bush Quail, Sand Grouse, Tree-pie, golden Backed Woodpecker, crested Serpent Eagle, black-humped Flameback, yellow-footed green Pigeon, grey Francolin, painted Stork, Ibis, pheasant tailed Jacana, pied Kingfisher, white-throated Kingfisher, red-wattled Lapwing, ring Dove, spotted Dove, Spoonbill, Asian paradise flycatcher, stone Curlew, Rufous treepie and the most famous is the Great Indian Horned Owl.
Some of the other mammals that can be found here are- small Indian Civet, Palm Civet, Giant fruit Bat, Porcupine, Sloth Bear and Ratel. The reptiles here are- checkered Keelback, common Cobra, marsh Crocodile, common monitor, Asian rock Python, Rat Snake, soft-shelled Turtle and Whip Snake. It is a place of dry vegetation and the most common tree is the dhok. Other tree varieties that you can find here are- salar, karaya, dhak, gol, ber, khair, banyan, arjun, gugal and bamboo.
Many relocation efforts have been taken up to make some more developments to this place. The forest officials are trying to raise the number of tigers in this reserve. The best part is that there are now about 8-10 tigers which is much more than the number in the past years. It can be expected that the conservation project will continue being successful in rescuing the tigers from being poached and thus save them from becoming extinct.
Sariska Tiger Reserve Information
- You cannot visit the park between July-August as the animals migrate to higher altitudes due to the monsoons.
- The best time to visit is between November-June.
- You can catch the best sight of the rare animals during the winters when they are stroll around the water bodies.
- Private vehicles are not allowed inside the park except on Mondays and Tuesdays when visitors are allowed to the hanuman temple to Pandupole.
- For complete experience, the forest safari is a must.
- The climate during the summer months (April-June) is extremely hot but you can find most of the animals during this time only.
- If you are planning a full day out in the park then book a hide near a waterhole and reach there early and DO carry water, food and a sleeping bag with you.
- DO carry your own medicines as there are no medical facilities in Sariska.
- It is better that you carry your own torch also.
Sariska Tiger Reserve Ticket Prices
- INR 200 per person for foreigners, INR 150 per guide per jeep, INR 200 per video camera, INR 3000 for professional video and movie cameras and INR 20,000 for feature films.
- Entry is free for Indian visitors on Tuesday and Saturday.
Sariska Tiger Reserve Opening and Closing Hours
- Forest Safari timings: 06:30 am/02:30 pm (during summers), 06:00 am/02:00 pm (during winters)
- 10:30 am/06:30 pm (during summers), 10:00 am/06:00 pm (during winters).
- You can also visit between 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm.
How To reach Sariska Tiger Reserve by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is Jaipur
- The nearest rail-station is Alwar.
Restaurants Near Sariska Tiger Reserve
- Hotel Sariska Palace
- Dawat Restaurant
- Prem Pavitra Bhojanalaya
- Hotel Inderlok Classic
- Ice & Spice
- The Bridge Restaurant
- Amit Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sariska Tiger Reserve, Alwar Reviews
Nice enjoyable Safari. Though we didn't spot a tiger or leopard but enjoyed the trip. I wonder how many people have seen a tiger in Sariska. I haven't seen any in two trips. But I enjoyed the trip.
One of the most prominent National park in Rajasthan, close to Alwar. This is a National park with easily visible appearance of peacock & other birds, monkey, variety of deer, cattle, swine etc. Conducted safari are available with tickets sold at counter around 6 AM in the morning and 1 PM in the afternoon. Free car parking is available at the entrance.
It's dense and wild...u need good luck to see tiger..There r 15 tigers now in the sanctuary. Overall network of roads to sanctuary has improved
Beautiful place for Tiger lovers, birds lover, nature, wildlife, you can see galaxy by your naked eyes during night. Best for tourists.
Book safari online. Spotting tiger is rare as there are only 15 tigers in this vast area. Some were lucky to spot leopards which are 80 in number. Plenty of langurs, deer, antelopes, peacocks and other birds.