Duomo Di Sant'andrea Apostolo, Amalfi
About Duomo Di Sant'andrea Apostolo, Amalfi
Duomo Di Sant'andrea Apostolo, Amalfi - Address, Phone Number
Address: Piazza Duomo, 84011 Amalfi SA, Italy
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 33.1K times in trip plans
Church, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in 9th Century, this Church is dedicated to Saint Andrew. This Roman Catholic Church in Piazza del Duomo isa must visit for various reasons. Located above a flight of stairs, this Church was built in Arab-Norman Romanesque style originally and there are traces of Gothic and Baroque elements as well, added during restoration and remodelling. While at Church, do visit Chiostro del Paradiso – a burial site for all the elite families of Amalfi and take notice of Bell tower, mosaic work in the interior and those striking bronze doors that were made in Syria and later shipped to Amalfi.
Duomo Di Sant'andrea Apostolo Information
- If visiting during peak season, try visiting the Church early in the morning. Also, the Church will remain closed during peak hours.
- Take a tour of the museum, cloister and crypt area for a nominal fee 3 €.
Duomo Di Sant'andrea Apostolo Opening and Closing Hours
- Summer Timings: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Winter Timings: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
How To reach Duomo Di Sant'andrea Apostolo by Public Transport
- Rent a scooter if you know how to ride one. Or the best option is to explore the City on foot.
Restaurants Near Duomo Di Sant'andrea Apostolo
- Ristorante Piazza Duomo
- Da Barracca
- Locanda Del Marinaio
- Silver Moon
- Ristorante Marina Grande
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Amalfi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amalfi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Duomo Di Sant'Andrea Apostolo, Amalfi Reviews - Write a Review
Impressive cathedral in a small town. The inside holds a treasure of artefacts. Parts of it have lost the old frescoes but the crypt is very well maintained. The rest is breathtaking. Only 3 euros to enter.
Two churches, a Roman and baroque, plus a crypt with a relic of st Andrew and a lovely cloister.
Great place for a coffee or a quick bite, can be quite busy!
Great value. Only 3 euro per person, 1 hour tour through the cathedral and duomo
Beautiful cathedral with a hidden entrance. A must-see!
- Nearby Attractions
- Amalfi Luxury House
- Travelmar - Biglietteria Amalfi
- Amalfi Coast - Italy
- Villa Santa Maria
- Stella Maris Di Esposito
- Ristorante L'abside
- Hotel Fontana
- Sentiero Degli Dei
- Hotel Miramalfi
- Amalfi Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Amalfi
- What to See in 48 Hours in Amalfi
- What to See in 72 Hours in Amalfi
- How to Spend 5 Days in Amalfi
- How to Spend 6 Days in Amalfi
- How to Spend 7 Days in Amalfi