How to Reach Amalfi
The Easiest Way to Reach Amalfi
HOW TO GET TO AMALFI
- By Air : There are no direct flights to Amalfi. Nearest airport is at Naples, approximately 60 kilometres away from the Amalfi Coast. From the airport, SITA coaches are cost effective and efficient way to reach to the town.
- By Train : Amalfi is well connected to the neighbouring towns and further by two important railway stations – one at Salerno and other at Sorrento. From the station, hop on to SITA bus to reach Amalfi.
- By Bus : Buses to and from Amalfi and all over the Amalfi coast are well connected by SITA bus. Tickets need to be bought in advance from cafés and other shops which have a display sign of ‘tabacchi’ and/or SITA logo. Alternatively, tickets can be bought from SITA office located at Salerno railway station. Do remember to punch your ticket as you get onto bus. Passengers failing to do so attract a fine.
- By Boat : Reaching Amalfi by boat, although seasonal, is one of the best ways as visitors get a fantastic view of the endless sea on one side and Amalfi coast on the other. Ferry services start from Easter until October. Apart from Metro del Mare and Coop Sant’Andrea, there are many private operators as well. Get to MoloPennello or at Divina Costiera – an important pier and an information centre respectively for buying ferry tickets and to obtain other information like schedule.
HOW GET AROUND AMALFI
- By Foot : Explore the city at your own pace on foot without the rush of reaching to next destination.
- By Bike and Car : This option applies only to those who know riding/ driving really well as the roads get narrow at various occasions. But then who said good things comes easy? Visitor will be well rewarded with some of the stunning views and also access the places which are otherwise not covered if you are on a bus.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Amalfi and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Amalfi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Amalfi. The most preferred mode of transport in Amalfi is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 9.97 km Average time: 56.14 min
Bus/Trolleybus 28.57%Bus 18.5 min Waiting 15 min Walking 6.5 min Overall average time for 4 kms 40 min
Car 28.57%Driving 25 min Overall average time for 15.5 kms 25 min
Walking 28.57%Walking 70 min Train 9 min Waiting 5 min Tram 2.5 min Overall average time for 7.9 kms 86.5 min
Train/Metro 14.29%Train 45 min Waiting 15 min Walking 15 min Bus 15 min Overall average time for 15 kms 90 min
- How to reach Cities Near Amalfi
- How to reach Figino
- How to reach Marineo
- How to reach Tramutola
- How to reach Frisa
- How to reach Montefalcone Di Val Fortore
- How to reach Montemesola
- How to reach Carsoli
- How to reach Olivadi
- How to reach Comiziano
- How to reach Vitulazio
- How to reach Salandra
- How to reach Albuccione
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Alleppey
- How to reach Southampton
- How to reach Mainz
- How to reach Liverpool
- How to reach Le Mans
- How to reach Genoa
- How to reach Florianopolis
- How to reach Cebu City
- How to reach Bonn
- How to reach Bonito