Are you looking for what to do in Amalfi?
PLACES TO SEE
- Duomo di Sant’Andrea Apostolo : Built in 9th Century, this Church is dedicated to Saint Andrew. This Roman Catholic Church in Piazza del Duomo is a must visit attraction in Amalfi for various reasons. Located above a flight of stairs, this Church was built in Arab-Norman Romanesque style originally and there are traces of Gothic and Baroque elements as well, added during restoration and remodelling.
- Valle delle Ferriere : A beautiful hike with a combination of strenuous climbs and flat trails. Over the course of your trail, you will come across forest, cliffs, old houses and waterfalls! Waterfalls are perfect place to have that picnic lunch you are carrying. Although Valle delle Ferriere and Valle dei Mulini are in the same valley, the hike trails are completely different and is a must do while at Amalfi!
- Museum of Paper (Museo della Carta) : Housed in an ancient paper mill, it was founded in 1970s by Nicola Milano. The museum has on display machinery used in olden times to make handmade paper. Museum also has a collection of photographs and books on various techniques used earlier.
- Municipal Museum of Amalfi (Museo Civico) : A perfect place for history buffs and for anyone who is interested in getting to know history and culture of Amalfi. This one room museum has on display objects like costumes, military uniforms and capes; and artefacts that tell stories about Amalfi’s rich past and about the time when it was a maritime power!
- Grotto dello Smeraldo : Discovered by a fisherman in early 1900s, this cave is one of the top attractions in Amalfi. This grotto is named after the color that it reflects, as is a Blue grotto in Capri. Best time to experience it from 12 PM to 3 PM. Lather on sunscreen and don’t forget your camera!
WHERE TO BE
- L’Arco Antico : Once a flourishing industry, not many paper mills are functional now. Visit this shop to take a look and buy some gifts and souvenirs of various kinds of paper products.
- II Ninfeo : Very touristy gifts and souvenir shop – but you will not return disappointed. Explore their wide array of products and you are sure to find something interesting to carry back.
- La Risacca : Put on your best dress and head to this lively bar in Amalfi! Relax with friends and family over beers and cocktails, gorge on pizzas and dance the night away while DJ plays some foot tapping music!
- Gerry’s Pub : A beautiful pub with stunning views from the open terrace!
Below we have a list of things to do in Amalfi and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Amalfi getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Amalfi with confidence.