Dudh Dhara26 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Amarkantak, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
The term Dudh Dhara basically means a milk stream when translated into English and there is an interesting story behind this name. Mother Narmada (river) came in the vision of the Prince of Rewa, to whom the land then belonged, in the form of a stream of milk. Ever since then the name has struck and the waterfall has been popularly called Dudh Dhara Falls. The mighty river water crashing repeatedly into the rocks is a majestic sight and sure to make up for a great photograph! A little bit of trekking is involved as the falls are in the middle of a dense forest, but the trip is totally worth the effort!
Dudh Dhara Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable shoes with a good grip as the terrain can become quite slippery.
- It is best visited in the monsoon season as the water level is higher during those months.
Entrance Ticket Details For Dudh Dhara
- Please ask locally for ticket prices of Dudh Dhara Waterfall.
How to Reach Dudh Dhara
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Amarkantak before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amarkantak and book an accommodation of your choice.
61.9% of people who visit Amarkantak include Dudh Dhara in their plan
75% of people start their Dudh Dhara visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dudh Dhara
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dudh Dhara