Sri Vijayarama Viharaya9 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Dhirakkanda Buddhist Temple, Dhirakkanda Mawatha, Kaluwadumulla, Ambalangada., Ambalangoda 80300, Sri Lanka Map
- Phone: +94-912259443
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Sri Vijayarama Purana Viharaya is said to have a history of over two-hundred years and there are artefacts within the temple which prove that the temple existed here since 1728. At the temple, you would be able to see a wooden statue of Buddha which is also the largest one in South Asia. The entire temple complex in fact has rooms that consist of wooden statues of Buddha sitting in different mudras along with several other statues that have all been perfectly carved. The biggest wooden Dharma Chakra in Asia can also be found at Sri Vijayarama Purana Viharaya. Even the doors here have wooden carvings and each and every element here is worth admiring.
How to Reach Sri Vijayarama Viharaya
- Rented Car/Taxi
- Sri Vijayarama Viharaya Address: Dhirakkanda Buddhist Temple, Dhirakkanda Mawatha, Kaluwadumulla, Ambalangada., Ambalangoda 80300, Sri Lanka
- Sri Vijayarama Viharaya Contact Number: +94-912259443
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
31.03% of people who visit Ambalangoda include Sri Vijayarama Viharaya in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
60% of people start their Sri Vijayarama Viharaya visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sri Vijayarama Viharaya
75% of people prefer walking in order to reach Sri Vijayarama Viharaya
People normally club together Ambalangoda and Natural Moonstone Mine while planning their visit to Sri Vijayarama Viharaya.
Sri Vijayarama Viharaya Reviews & Ratings
temple email address pleaseAnswer Report Abuse
temple mail address pleaseAnswer Report Abuse