Caves At Naours, AmiensCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: 5 Rue des Carrieres | Naours, Flesselles, France, Amiens
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-322937178
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
About Caves At Naours, Amiens
No amount of photos can do justice to the caves of Naours as much as a real visit. Since the region was highly prone to invasions, right from the 3rd century onwards people dug this limestone plateau in hopes of building a safe haven. With time these network of caves became so big that about 2600 people could be housed there along with their rations and livestock. It is only in the late 19th century were the caves, which were by then an underground city, was re-discovered.
The caves extend inwards for about 3kms with 28 galleries and 300 rooms with each room bearing a lot of inscriptions. Right from the Norman Invasion till about the French Revolution the caves were used as a safe resort by the people of Picard. Even during the world wars the caves were used by the British and Canadian troops for storing their reserves. After the WWII ended the caves were reopened to the public for tourism from 1949.
Caves At Naours Information
- Not recommended for disabled people.
- Along with a small wax museum in the vicinity there is also a playground for children, a mini golf course and a small animal park, a bar, a restaurant and a picnic area. Free parking.
Caves At Naours Ticket Prices
- For students, unemployed, disabled EUR 9 (ID mandatory)
- For children from 5 to 12 years of age, EUR 7
- FREE, under 5 years.
- For a detailed group list prices, refer website.
How To reach Caves At Naours by Public Transport
- Located on RN25 enroute to Doullens from Amiens.
- Ask locals to get here, drive or walk if possible.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Amiens before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amiens and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Caves At Naours
95% of people who visit Amiens include Caves At Naours in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
34.15% of people start their Caves At Naours visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Caves At Naours
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Caves At Naours
Caves At Naours, Amiens Reviews
All QuestionsCaves at naours
Find places near Caves At Naours, Amiens
Tavernier Jean-Marie 1 rue des Marais0.364 km away
Siwiec Eric 38 route nationale 252.92 km away
Restaurant de Cheval Blanc Naours 11 rue d'Amiens0.346 km away
Amir 1 rue de l'Abbé Danicourt0.218 km away
Terroir Restauration 4 route Nationale2.826 km away
Auberge du Cheval Blanc rue de l'Arbre0.311 km away
Au Fil du Temps 4 route Nationale 252.832 km away
My Dwich 38 route Nationale2.54 km away
Au Logis de l'Oie 10 rue du Cul de Sac0.641 km away
Jonckheere Pierre 13 rue d'Amiens0.36 km away