Memorial National AustralienCurrently Open
- Address: Route de Villers Bretonneux, 80800 Fouilloy, France, Amiens
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-322969576
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Educational Site, War Memorial, Family And Kids
During WWI Australia along with its neighbour New Zealand sided with their mother nation England. This ANZAC (Australia & New Zealand Army Corps) fought on July 23, 1916 at Pozieres and in April 1918 in Villers-Bretonneux. To commemorate their contribution the war this site was chosen and every year April 25th is celebrated as the ANZAC day. The cemetery was inaugurated by King George VI on 22nd July 1938 and contains about 11,000 known and unknown Australian soldiers.
Memorial National Australien Travel Tips
- The Musee Franco-Australien is nearby.
Entrance Ticket Details For Memorial National Australien
- Children between 6 and 18 years of Age, students: EUR 3
- Veterans: EUR 4
- Children below 6 years of age, members of the French-Australian Association of Villers-Bretonneux, national guides, journalists: FREE
Memorial National Australien Hours
- Closed on last week of December, first week of January and Public Holidays.
How to Reach Memorial National Australien
- Located on D23 road to corbie.
- Drive here, ask locals for direction.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Amiens before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amiens and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.23% of people who visit Amiens include Memorial National Australien in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50% of people start their Memorial National Australien visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Memorial National Australien
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Memorial National Australien
People normally club together Abbatiale Saint Pierre and Australian 2nd Division Memorial - Mont St Quentin while planning their visit to Memorial National Australien.