Parc Samara253 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rue d'Amiens, 80310 La Chaussée-Tirancourt, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-322718383
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
A park that is both an archaeological site and a leisure park, Samara blends the fun of both. This 24 hectare site was found in 1982 and displays replicas and works of prehistoric times. In and around the site are many highlights and places of geological importance such as
- The Alluvial Terrace of Somme
- The valley of Acon.
Other man made landscapes in the area include:
- The Botanical Gardens which is a huge 50 hectare labyrinth rich with about 600 species of plants.
- The Arboretum designed by Bruno Lebel is in the form of a fish with about 80 different species of trees.
There are also many archaeological reconstructions such as:
- The Magdalenian Tent
- The Danubian house
- The Home of the Bronze Age
- The Home of The Iron Age
- The Oppidium
The park becomes an educational place while catering to the recreational needs such as camping, picnic or even a simple weekend outing.
Parc Samara Travel Tips
- There are hands on sessions on how to make tents, how to throw spears, how to make weapons which are fun and comes highly recommended.
- There are also archaeological caves in this area.
- It is recommended to take a guide with you.
Entrance Ticket Details For Parc Samara
- Adults, EUR 9
- Children under 18, teachers, students, unemployed, disabled, EUR 7.50
- For subscription prices and offers refer website.
How to Reach Parc Samara
- Ask locals for more info, drive or walk if possible.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Amiens before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amiens and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.1% of people who visit Amiens include Parc Samara in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
48.57% of people start their Parc Samara visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Parc Samara
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Parc Samara