How to Reach Amman, Jordan
The Easiest Way to Reach Amman
Being the capital of Jordan, Amman is very well connected. It can be reached by all modes of transport easily.
HOW TO GET TO AMMAN
- By air: The Queen Alia International Airport is the gateway to Aman by air. You can obtain Visa on arrival at the airport, western visitors especially. You can get to the city by a taxi.
- By road: The bus network in Amman is really good, with fairly understandable English interfacing. The Tabarbour bus station, Abdali bus station and the JETT bus station have the most frequented buses. If you plan to travel otherwise, beware of private cars that pose as taxis.
- By rail: There are local services that run from Amman to Zarqa, through the Hedjaz Jordan Railway. Don’t miss the city’s cutesy railway station called the Mahatta for its museum.
HOW TO GET AROUND AMMAN
Despite being the capital city, you might be in for a big surprise to see that getting around Amman is a little tricky. Evolving constantly, the landmarks and directions have not maintained consistency. Thus, there are high chances of confusion as to roads and landmarks.
- By car: You can rent a car from one of the many car rental services here. However, insist on negotiating a price. Some may also offer a free driver on renting a car. Carrying an extra liability insurance is necessary as you do this.
- By taxi: Yellow and grey taxis are the most reliable taxis. To get one, just hail a hand like the locals. These are readily available on most streets. Shared taxis, white in colour, are available too. Again, beware of drivers pretending to have no change, they are most likely to just draw more than the tariff.
- By bus: Public transport in the form of municipal buses is the perhaps the best way to see around. These serve most parts of the city.
- On foot: Not the best way to explore Amman, given its not-so-pedestrian-friendly being. The topography is the main reason for this, along with absence of pavements to walk on.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Amman and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Amman
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Amman. The most preferred mode of transport in Amman is Car.
Average distance: 18.91 km Average time: 52.03 min
Car 57.14%Driving 34.85 min Walking 2.2 min Overall average time for 19.61 kms 37.05 min
Walking 11.43%Walking 76.25 min Driving 21.25 min Overall average time for 12.5 kms 97.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 17.14%Bus 43.33 min Driving 10 min Waiting 8.33 min Motorbike 5.83 min Walking 4.17 min Overall average time for 20.83 kms 71.67 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Amman
- How to reach Az Zarqa
- How to reach As-salt
- How to reach Madaba
- How to reach Borma
- How to reach Jarash
- How to reach Swemeh
- How to reach Ajloun
- How to reach Health Center Halawah
- How to Reach Top Cities in Jordan
- How to reach Al-quwayrah
- How to reach Wadi Rum Village
- How to reach Rukban
- How to reach At-tayyibah
- How to reach Aqaba Museum
- How to reach Ma'an
- How to reach Irbid
- How to reach Aqaba
- How to reach Wadi Musa
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Digri
- How to reach Jeffers
- How to reach Waikato River