King Hussein Mosque172 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Al-Sha'b St Amman Jordan Map
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Apparently, this mosque is the site of the first mosque that was ever built in the city in 640AD by the second caliph, Umar. The architecture of the mosque is heavily Ottoman. It has a square layout with 4 minarets and a marble floor. People often confuse this mosque for the 1924 Grand Al-Husseini Mosque; this one was built in 2005. It can accommodate 2500 male worshippers and 350 female worshipers in a separate praying hall. Also, inside is the Hashemite History Museum, which displays artefacts relating to the Prophet, including a famous letter that he sent to Hercules, the king of Byzantine. But even though you can visit inside, the best time to walk by the mosque is probably the night when it looks like a shining white jewel in the dark.
King Hussein Mosque Travel Tips
- Mon-muslims are not allowed inside during prayer times.
- When will have to wear a full black head to toe coloring before they are allowed inside. The coverings are provided outside the mosque.
How to Reach King Hussein Mosque
- Drive or take a taxi.
- There may be a bus station nearby.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Amman before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amman and book an accommodation of your choice.
- King Hussein Mosque Address: Al-Sha'b St Amman Jordan
- Time required to visit King Hussein Mosque: 00:20 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
15.87% of people who visit Amman include King Hussein Mosque in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
45.45% of people start their King Hussein Mosque visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see King Hussein Mosque
93.94% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting King Hussein Mosque
People normally club together Children's Museum and The Royal Automobile Museum while planning their visit to King Hussein Mosque.