Akal Takht2580 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Harmandir Sahib, Golden Temple Rd, Amritsar, Punjab 143006, India Map
- Timings: 02:30 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1832540820
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Gurudwara, Family And Kids
Akal Takht actually means “Immortal or everlasting Throne” whose stone was laid down by Guru Hargobind Sahib in the year 1606. Bhai Gurdas Ji and Baba Budha Ji also contributed largely in the building of this takth. The Akal takht is the supreme most takth in comparison with the other five takhts established by the community. The takht is located in the complex of the golden temple itself. The takht has spacious rooms to accommodate the pilgrim and other visitors. Don’t miss this attraction in Amritsar, on your visit to the Golden Temple. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Amritsar itinerary 3 days.
Akal Takht Travel Tips
- Pets are not allowed in the museum vicinity.
- The Golden temple is very close to the Akal takht
How to Reach Akal Takht
- Bus: Free Bus to Airport bus stop
- Train: Amritsar Junction
- Kulcha Hut
- Tasty Bite
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Amritsar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amritsar and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Akal Takht Address: Harmandir Sahib, Golden Temple Rd, Amritsar, Punjab 143006, India
- Akal Takht Contact Number: +91-1832540820
- Akal Takht Timing: 02:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Time required to visit Akal Takht: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
48.26% of people who visit Amritsar include Akal Takht in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
38.55% of people start their Akal Takht visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Akal Takht
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Akal Takht
People normally club together Lal Mata Temple and Balle Bowl while planning their visit to Akal Takht.