Ram Tirath2650 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Amritsar-Lopoke Road, India Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The Ram Tirath Temple is said to be the hermitage of the Saint Valmiki. It’s also fabled that he composed the tale of Ramayana in this very premises. The Ram Tirath Temple does receive a mention in the Ramayana as the birth place of Lord Ram’s children, Luv and Kush. After Ram deserted Sita, she sought refuge here, which is why many pilgrims throng the temple to take a bath in the well which is said to contain holy water. Hanuman had dug this well for Sita who used to use the water in the well for her own bath. The hut where Sita gave birth to her twins still stands and is visited by many pilgrims.
The biggest event held at the temple is a four day long fest held in November on the day of the first full moon, where on the first day of the fair, female devotees light lamps of pure ghee and set sail to them on a leave in the sacred tank. The other major event that takes place happens fifteen days after Diwali and this is when everyone who visits takes a dip in the tank and then walks around it, chanting the Ram mantra. People from all over India and even foreign tourists come and pay their respects to the temple. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Amritsar itinerary 3 days.
How to Reach Ram Tirath
- The Ram Tirath Temple is 22 minutes away from the Golden Temple.
- It is advisable to just take a cab or ask the hotel for the bus route that will drop you as close to the temple as it can.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Amritsar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amritsar and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ram Tirath Address: Amritsar-Lopoke Road, India
- Ram Tirath Timing: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Best time to visit Ram Tirath(preferred time): 08:00 am - 10:00 am
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
54.07% of people who visit Amritsar include Ram Tirath in their plan
50.56% of people start their Ram Tirath visit around 05 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ram Tirath
92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ram Tirath
People normally club together Lal Mata Temple and Hyatt Amritsar while planning their visit to Ram Tirath.
People also prefer to start their day with Ram Tirath.