Santokhsar SahibCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Golden Temple Rd, Town Hall, Katra Ahluwalia, Amritsar, Punjab 143001, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Observatory, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The Santokhsar Sahib is a historical shrine that was started by Guru Amar Das Ji and has one of the five historical sarovers’ constructed by Guru Arjan Dev. This Gurudwara is home to the holy book of Sikh, Guru Granth Sahib which is kept on a canopied seat made of white marble. It also has a residential block for pilgrims. The Santokhsar Sahib is the most ideal place to start your day by experiencing complete peace and serenity.
Santokhsar Sahib Travel Tips
- Cameras are allowed in the premises
- Pets are not allowed in the premises of the Gurudwara.
- The Gurudwara is open on public holidays as well.
- Dress modestly while visiting the Gurudwara.
- Make sure you have the lungar when u visit the shrine.
- The best time to visit the Gurudwara is at sunrise.
- The Golden temple is quite close to the Gurudwara.
How to Reach Santokhsar Sahib
- Train: Amritsar Junction
- Bharawan Da Dhaba
- Tasty Bite
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Amritsar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amritsar and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.78% of people who visit Amritsar include Santokhsar Sahib in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
35.92% of people start their Santokhsar Sahib visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Santokhsar Sahib
53.06% of people prefer walking in order to reach Santokhsar Sahib