Amsterdam Museum is an enriching museum that introduces you to the history of Amsterdam through its range of collection and exhibits. The history retold here starts from the city’s earliest developments, through the surge of growth in the Golden Age and up to the present. A computer generated map will show you how Amsterdam has grown as well as got shrunk through the last 800 years or so. Some of the archaeological finds such as 700 years old shoes have also been kept here. Then, there are works of art and some quirky displays to engage the visitors.
- Backpacks and umbrellas must be left in the cloakroom or locker. Suitcases or other luggage will not be accepted.
- The touching of art objects is not allowed.
- Making photos and video recordings for private use is permitted, the use of a tripod is not.
- Adult: € 12.50
- Children(5-18 yrs of age): € 6.50
- Children under 4 yrs: free
- CJP, Student: € 10.00
- For other free entry tickets with certain passes, refer to the website.
- By Light Rail station: Amsterdam, Spui (Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Amsterdam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amsterdam and book an accommodation of your choice.
73.24% of people who visit Amsterdam include Amsterdam Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
75.39% of people start their Amsterdam Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Amsterdam Museum
62.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Amsterdam Museum