Dam SquareCurrently Open
- Address: Dam Square, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Entertainment, Square, Family And Kids
Dam Square - Review
While the Dam Square is free to explore, to get the true essence of the place, make sure to buy tickets for Dam Square. Tickets for Dam Square can be bought from the tours section and a detailed info on the Dam Square tickets prices is also available for you to check. Make use of the Dam Square tickets to soak in as much as you want from the medieval destination.
From the name of the place it is clear that, it is basically a square and that is the reason, it is always packed with locals and tourists. The place was built in the 13th century along with the dam on the river Amstel to ensure that, the Zuiderzee Sea does not come into the city. During the 60s in the twentieth century, this place became most famous for the hippies. Till now, the square is very famous and always something is happening there. So, basically, you can expect a lot of entertainment in the area which would be an interesting sight to watch.
Dam Square Information
- There are a lot of cafes and restaurants available in this square, but as the place is so famous, getting a table takes a lot of time in the restaurants.
- Considering the continuous buzzing of activities, it may take you a few hours to explore the entire place. You can finish the tour within half an hour as well. It depends upon your time, preference, taste and interest.
How To reach Dam Square by Public Transport
- Take a tram or bus from Amsterdam, Dam
Restaurants Near Dam Square
- Dwaze Zaken
- Cafe Kobalt
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Amsterdam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amsterdam and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Dam Square
17.68% of people who visit Amsterdam include Dam Square in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
33.06% of people start their Dam Square visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Dam Square
74.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Dam Square
Dam Square Trips
2 Views18 Days 17 Nights18 Day Trip to France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium from MelbourneBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Interlaken, Zurich