Events and Festivals in Amsterdam
Plan your trip to Amsterdam during the events and festivals held every year in the city. There are lot of things to do in amsterdam in May, June, July, October, November and in December
- Holland Festival: This June event is the Netherlands’ biggest international performing arts festival held annually in Amsterdam. Music, opera, dance, theater and a host of other performances are drawn from all over the world. Films and art are also showcased, and conferences and workshops are organized.
- Gay Pride Parade: First weekend of August. A huge gay pride festival, include a canal parade down the river on boats.
- Koninginnendag (Queen’s Day): In the month of April. This is a national holiday and a “free market” day, so everyone sells everything on the streets. There are games, concerts, performances, and parties on boats in the canals.
- Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE): In the month of October.
- Amsterdam Halloween Festival: From 25 to 31 October.
- Cinekid Festival: In the month of October from 12 to 25 October.
- Amsterdam Marathon: In the month of October from 12 to 25 October.
- Camera Japan: From 1 to 6 October.
- Buddhist Film Festival Europe: From 1 to 4 October.
- Museum Night Amsterdam: Takes place on 2 November.
- Arrival of ‘Sinterklaas’: Takes place on 17 November.
- International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam(IDFA): Takes place from 20 November to 1 December.
- PAN Amsterdam: Takes place from 24 November to 1 December.
- Amsterdam Light Festival: Takes place from 28 November to 19 January.
- Christmas is a great time to visit Amsterdam! The streets are illuminated and there are bunch of events happening around Christmas that you should totally not miss! The Christmas markets in Amsterdam are one of the best places to be. These markets offer the best seasonal shopping opportunity. Turn on the lights, Winter Market Amsterdam, Christmas village on ice and Krestboulevard are some of the best Amsterdam Events in Christmas! The traditional Victorian and traditional Dickensian markets of Amsterdam are a good pit-stop as well!
Trip plans for Amsterdam
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Amsterdam
Amsterdam Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Amsterdam
Save 11%Private Tour: Anne Frank Walking Tour of Amsterdam44 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs 30 Mins
Trace the early life of Anne Frank before she went into hiding on a 1.5-hour walking tour of Amsterdam-Zuid. The neighborhood...
Save 10%Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and Volendam Half-Day Trip from Amsterdam2233 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs 30 Mins
Leave Amsterdam behind for a few hours and discover the typical Dutch countryside outside the capital. You'll drive through a...
Save 7%Jewish Quarter Anne Frank Walking Tour in Amsterdam128 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs
In this 2-hour small group tour, walk through Amsterdam with a professional guide that shows you Amsterdam during the World W...
Save 7%Dutch Windmills and Countryside Day Trip from Amsterdam Including Cheese Tasting in Edam388 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Historic windmills, charming fishing villages, picturesque canals, a delectable lunch and cheese tastings this day trip from...
- Events & Festivals in The Hague
- Events & Festivals in Rotterdam
- Events & Festivals in Eindhoven
- Events & Festivals in Assen
- Events & Festivals in Marken
- Events & Festivals in Volendam