Located in the De Wallen area of Amsterdam, this is a way to see two museums and pay for just one. Though both are smaller, they lie in a close distance to each other and offer varied insights about the hemp plant, also called cannabis. We all know about the medicinal, spiritual and cultural significance of cannabis in the modern and old world, but to know more about it, one may visit this museum that has been in the scene since 1985. The first one covers its usage, enlightening us on its history considering it is one of the first crops to be introduced to mankind. The other one tells us how it was used to prepare ropes and oils and such. Both museums showcases its evolution from the basic commodity to today’s more modern approach. Take traditional art for example! In all we would say that while you may not want to bring your children here but the place is fun nonetheless.
Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum Travel Tips
- Group tours are available.
- Amateur photography (without flash) and video filming for personal use is permitted.
- Professional photography and filming must be arranged in advance.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum
- Adult : 9 Euro
- Free for children under 13
- Groups of 10 persons or more receive a discount of 20 %, if paid full.
- 5 % discount on online purchase of tickets.
Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum Hours
- Closed on April 27th.
- December 31st- 10 am to 5:30 pm
- January 1st- 1 pm to 10 pm
How to Reach Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum
- Subway Station : Nieuwmarkt metro station Nieuwmarkt
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Amsterdam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amsterdam and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.11% of people who visit Amsterdam include Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum in their plan
66.67% of people start their Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum visit around 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum
66.67% of people prefer walking in order to reach Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum