Hollandsche Schouwburg411 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Plantage Middenlaan 24, 1018 DE Amsterdam, Netherlands Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +31-205310310
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Monument, War Memorial, Family And Kids
This used to be one of the most important and famous theatres in Amsterdam and that’s why, it should be there on your list of attractions. Along with that, this place is also one of the most important war memorials in the city. During the World War II, this place was used by the Nazis as an assembly and now it has turned into a monument for those Jews who had been deported and killed by the Nazis. Yes, it may not be the happiest place to be, but you cannot deny this place if you want to know about the history. This place was founded in 1892 and since then it has been used in different purposes over the years.
Hollandsche Schouwburg Travel Tips
- If you are a student of history or want to know about the cruel history of that time, then this building and monument will be able to help.
- Here, you will find about the 6700 surnames which have been engraved to play tribute to 104,000 Jews.
Hollandsche Schouwburg Hours
- The ticket office closes an half hour before the closing time.
- Closed on King's Day 26 April, Rosh Hashanah, Jewish New Year- 25 and 26 September and Yom Kippur-October 4.
How to Reach Hollandsche Schouwburg
- Take the light rail or a bus from the Amsterdam, Artis
- The Browns Cafe
- The Grasshopper Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Amsterdam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amsterdam and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Hollandsche Schouwburg Address: Plantage Middenlaan 24, 1018 DE Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Hollandsche Schouwburg Contact Number: +31-205310310
- Hollandsche Schouwburg Timing: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Hollandsche Schouwburg: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.38% of people who visit Amsterdam include Hollandsche Schouwburg in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
84.21% of people start their Hollandsche Schouwburg visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Hollandsche Schouwburg
93.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hollandsche Schouwburg
People normally club together The National Maritime Museum and Joods Historisch Museum while planning their visit to Hollandsche Schouwburg.