How to Reach Amsterdam
HOW TO GET TO AMSTERDAM
There are many ways to get to Amsterdam, by flight, by train, or by road.
- By air: The main airport is Schiphol, but there are also other smaller regional airports that you can take to reach the destination. Other airports include Eindhoven Airport, Groningen Airport Eelde, Maastricht Aachen Airport, Weeze Airport in Germany, Antwerp International Airport in Belgium and Brussels Airport in Belgium
- By train: If arriving by train, you are likely to arrive at Amsterdam Central Station. There are eight other stations in the city.
- By car: If you arrive by car, learn about the city’s motorway, parking options and road structure; and of course, Amsterdam has number of waterways allowing visitors to enter into the city.
HOW TO GET AROUND AMSTERDAM
- By bus: You can take a bus from Haarlem and Uithoorn.
- By cycle: One of the most fun ways to get around is by cycling like the locals do. There are plenty of cycle rental shops all over the city.
- By tram: The tram (16 lines) is the main form of public transport system in the central area and is a good option.
- Metro: There is a four line metro in the destination.
- By boat: There are many ferry services in the region. Some of the ferries are even free of cost.The best time to visit Amsterdam canals by boat is in the evening.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Amsterdam. The most preferred mode of transport in Amsterdam is Bike.
Average distance: 15.93 km Average time: 30.01 min
Bike 40.74%Bike 15.48 min Walking 0.76 min Overall average time for 4.61 kms 16.24 min
Car 16.05%Driving 46.92 min Walking 1.08 min Overall average time for 52.46 kms 48 min
Bus/Trolleybus 2.47%Bus 40.5 min Other 25 min Waiting 5 min Train 0.5 min Overall average time for 20.5 kms 71 min
Motorbike 1.23%Motorbike 15 min Overall average time for 12 kms 15 min
Walking 17.28%Walking 16.36 min Train 2.71 min Bus 2.29 min Waiting 2 min Tram 1.86 min Overall average time for 3.14 kms 25.21 min
Train/Metro 14.81%Train 25.33 min Walking 8 min Waiting 5.17 min Other 2.5 min Tram 2.42 min Bus 0.42 min Overall average time for 25.26 kms 43.83 min
Tram/Streetcar 2.47%Tram 17.5 min Walking 10 min Train 5 min Waiting 2.5 min Overall average time for 7 kms 35 min
Looking for a tour that tours the city & then goes to the countryAnswer Report Abuse
Hi, Judy. We would love to help you with arranging a tour suitable for your interests. Will you please send us your trip details including travel dates and number of people at email@example.com so that we can shortlist the best tours?Report Abuse