How to Reach Amsterdam
The Easiest Way to Reach Amsterdam
HOW TO GET TO AMSTERDAM
There are many ways to get to Amsterdam, by flight, by train, or by road.
- By air: The main airport is Schiphol, but there are also other smaller regional airports that you can take to reach the destination. Other airports include Eindhoven Airport, Groningen Airport Eelde, Maastricht Aachen Airport, Weeze Airport in Germany, Antwerp International Airport in Belgium and Brussels Airport in Belgium
- By train: If arriving by train, you are likely to arrive at Amsterdam Central Station. There are eight other stations in the city.
- By car: If you arrive by car, learn about the city’s motorway, parking options and road structure; and of course, Amsterdam has number of waterways allowing visitors to enter into the city.
HOW TO GET AROUND AMSTERDAM
- By bus: You can take a bus from Haarlem and Uithoorn.
- By cycle: One of the most fun ways to get around is by cycling like the locals do. There are plenty of cycle rental shops all over the city.
- By tram: The tram (16 lines) is the main form of public transport system in the central area and is a good option.
- Metro: There is a four line metro in the destination.
- By boat: There are many ferry services in the region. Some of the ferries are even free of cost.The best time to visit Amsterdam canals by boat is in the evening.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Amsterdam and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Amsterdam
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Amsterdam. The most preferred mode of transport in Amsterdam is Bike.
Average distance: 14.83 km Average time: 28.42 min
Bike 40%Bike 12.64 min Overall average time for 3.52 kms 12.64 min
Walking 17.14%Walking 21.17 min Bus 2 min Tram 1.67 min Waiting 0.83 min Overall average time for 2.51 kms 25.67 min
Car 20%Driving 40.71 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 37.43 kms 41.71 min
Train/Metro 14.29%Train 26.4 min Walking 8.4 min Waiting 5.8 min Tram 4.8 min Other 4.4 min Bus 1 min Overall average time for 29.4 kms 50.8 min
- How to reach Cities Near Amsterdam
- How to reach Nijkerkerveen
- How to reach Feanwâlden
- How to reach Daarlerveen
- How to reach Hurwenen
- How to reach Angeren
- How to reach Noordwolde
- How to reach Vragender
- How to reach Oosterhout
- How to reach Waarder
- How to reach Ouderkerk Aan Den Ijssel
- How to reach Tuk
- How to reach Schelluinen
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Tamrida
- How to reach Kuching
- How to reach Guangzhou
- How to reach Pesaro
- How to reach Silvassa
- How to reach Kovalam
- How to reach Chandrapur
- How to reach Seremban
- How to reach Bid
- How to reach Amravati