How to Reach Amsterdam - The Easiest Way to Reach Amsterdam
HOW TO GET TO AMSTERDAM
There are many ways to get to Amsterdam, by flight, by train, or by road.
- By air: The main airport is Schiphol, but there are also other smaller regional airports that you can take to reach the destination. Other airports include Eindhoven Airport, Groningen Airport Eelde, Maastricht Aachen Airport, Weeze Airport in Germany, Antwerp International Airport in Belgium and Brussels Airport in Belgium
- By train: If arriving by train, you are likely to arrive at Amsterdam Central Station. There are eight other stations in the city.
- By car: If you arrive by car, learn about the city’s motorway, parking options and road structure; and of course, Amsterdam has number of waterways allowing visitors to enter into the city.
HOW TO GET AROUND AMSTERDAM
- By bus: You can take a bus from Haarlem and Uithoorn.
- By cycle: One of the most fun ways to get around is by cycling like the locals do. There are plenty of cycle rental shops all over the city.
- By tram: The tram (16 lines) is the main form of public transport system in the central area and is a good option.
- Metro: There is a four line metro in the destination.
- By boat: There are many ferry services in the region. Some of the ferries are even free of cost.The best time to visit Amsterdam canals by boat is in the evening.
Are you looking for a Amsterdam travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Amsterdam
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Amsterdam. The most preferred mode of transport in Amsterdam is Bike.
Average distance: 14.5 km Average time: 29.7 min
Bike 36.54%Bike 14.58 min Walking 0.26 min Overall average time for 4.21 kms 14.84 min
Car 17.31%Driving 42.22 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 40.22 kms 43.22 min
Bus/Trolleybus 1.92%Bus 30 min Other 20 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 11 kms 60 min
Walking 23.08%Walking 17.25 min Train 3.17 min Bus 2.67 min Waiting 2.33 min Tram 2.17 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 27.58 min
Train/Metro 13.46%Train 25.43 min Walking 10 min Waiting 6.14 min Tram 4.14 min Other 3.14 min Bus 0.71 min Overall average time for 28.86 kms 49.57 min
Motorbike 1.92%Motorbike 15 min Overall average time for 12 kms 15 min
How to Reach Amsterdam from Nearby Cities
|Amstelveen to Amsterdam||7.06 km||7 mins|
|Zaandam to Amsterdam||10.8 km||10 mins|
|Badhoevedorp to Amsterdam||13.78 km||13 mins|
|Krommenie to Amsterdam||21.26 km||21 mins|
|Hoofddorp to Amsterdam||23.77 km||23 mins|
|Haarlem to Amsterdam||29.1 km||29 mins|
|Heemstede to Amsterdam||30.58 km||30 mins|
|Bennebroek to Amsterdam||33.24 km||33 mins|
|Alkmaar to Amsterdam||33.3 km||33 mins|
|Almere stad to Amsterdam||35.71 km||35 mins|