How to Reach Amsterdam
HOW TO GET TO AMSTERDAM
There are many ways to get to Amsterdam, by flight, by train, or by road.
- By air: The main airport is Schiphol, but there are also other smaller regional airports that you can take to reach the destination. Other airports include Eindhoven Airport, Groningen Airport Eelde, Maastricht Aachen Airport, Weeze Airport in Germany, Antwerp International Airport in Belgium and Brussels Airport in Belgium
- By train: If arriving by train, you are likely to arrive at Amsterdam Central Station. There are eight other stations in the city.
- By car: If you arrive by car, learn about the city’s motorway, parking options and road structure; and of course, Amsterdam has number of waterways allowing visitors to enter into the city.
HOW TO GET AROUND AMSTERDAM
- By bus: You can take a bus from Haarlem and Uithoorn.
- By cycle: One of the most fun ways to get around is by cycling like the locals do. There are plenty of cycle rental shops all over the city.
- By tram: The tram (16 lines) is the main form of public transport system in the central area and is a good option.
- Metro: There is a four line metro in the destination.
- By boat: There are many ferry services in the region. Some of the ferries are even free of cost.The best time to visit Amsterdam canals by boat is in the evening.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO REACH AMSTERDAM FROM LONDON.Answer Report Abuse
One of the fastest and easiest ways to reach Amsterdam is to fly from any of the three London Airports. You may also take the Eurostar from London to Brussels and then an InterCity train or a high-speed Thalys train from Brussels to Amsterdam.Report Abuse
Looking for a tour that tours the city & then goes to the countryAnswer Report Abuse
Hi, Judy. We would love to help you with arranging a tour suitable for your interests. Will you please send us your trip details including travel dates and number of people at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can shortlist the best tours?Report Abuse