Are you looking for what to do in Amsterdam?
There are many unique things to do in Amsterdam for families, kids and travel backpackers.Museums in Amsterdam:
- Rijksmuseum : This is a Netherlands national museum. You can enjoy Dutch art & history from middle Ages to the present day.
- Anne Frank Museum: Here you can visit the actual hiding place of the famous diarist, revisiting the horrors of living as a Jew during the Nazi era. This museum is dedicated to promoting freedom from oppression and instills cultural understanding.
- Rembrandt House Museum: Visit the beautiful house where Rembrandt worked and lived for 20 years! This is a historic house and art museum in Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
- The Van Gogh Museum: Although this famous artist only sold a painting after his death, his life and development as an artist is interestingly documented in this museum, offering an insight into the little-appreciated genius.
- Amsterdam Tulip Museum: IF you are more curious about Tulips then you must visit this place. It covers history of tulips.
- Stedelijk Museum: This is international museum for modern art, designs and contemporary art.
- The National Maritime Museum : This is the place which is most commonly known as the Maritime museum, as it shows the relics of the sea voyages from the past till the present.
- Canal House Museum: This top museum is one of Amsterdam’s newest, having opened in April 2011.
- Resistance Museum:
- Vondelpark: This is the largest park in the city and is also one of the most famous in the country. Every year, this park welcomes about 10 million visitors from all over the world.
- Jordaan: This is a famous neighborhood of the city of Amsterdam. You can explore and introduce yourself to the culture of Amsterdam here.
- Artis Zoo (Natura Artis Magistra) : This is one of the oldest Zoos Mainland Europe. There are more than 700 species of animals and 200. You can visit an aquarium and a planetarium also in this Artis Royal zoo.
- De Nieuwe Kerk: Every year, thousands of visitors enjoy the magnificence and splendor of De Nieuwe Kerk with its guided tours taking you behind the scenes of the building, as well as the regular religious and musical festivals held here.
- Begijnhof : Basically it is an enclosed courtyard, but in reality there is a lot more to unleash. This place links itself to the ancient historical era. This sanctified place is considered to be one of the best loved places, in the city of Amsterdam.
- Royal Palace of Amsterdam: If you are interested in royal life and want to see that from close, then this is the most crucial place for you. This is palace built in 17th Century but still is more than a museum and is a unique building to visit.
- Amsterdam Canals: A perfect execution of city planning, the canals of Amsterdam are spread over 100 kilometers. Some notable ones are the Herengracht, Keizersgracht and Singel.
- Oude Kerk: This is the 800 years old church. This is the church where the organ festival is celebrated here during summer every year.
- Dam Square: Located in the heart of Amsterdam, the Dam Square is a bustling town square surrounded by shops, restaurants and architecturally stunning building.
- Flower Market: This is a beautiful place where all the flower stalls are situated on houseboats and it is open in all seasons. You will be able to find tulips of every kind, narcissus and other flowers.
- Albert Cuyp Market: This is one of the largest and busiest outdoor markets in whole Europe.
Take an Amsterdam canal cruise tour and see top ten tourist attractions in Amsterdam which are located on Amsterdam tourist map.Things to do in Amsterdam at Night:
- Hangouts and Nightlife: Amsterdam streets may be quiet in the early evening, but as the sun goes down they become a lively hub of activity. The Red Light District is particularly popular with tourists; small cafes and restaurants nearby are full of people. Rembrandtplein Square is another busy area of cinemas, clubs, and cafes. Amsterdam city has pool of places to visit for all age group travellers.
- Escape: This trendy night club is located right in Rembrantplein Square. The club features a number of different rooms designed with style.
- Rain: Also situated in the square, Rain is another luxury nightclub and bar characterized by careful planning and an elitist style.
Read About : Amsterdam Travel Blog 3 Days in Amsterdam
Below we have a list of things to do in Amsterdam and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Amsterdam getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Amsterdam with confidence.